Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I suspected the NAE!!!
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Yup

Yes - that's one problem. They don't know if this is causing the other non JCI BACnet/IP to work - walking in the dark.

Take it off the network and re-scan.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Any update on this issue?

Update

Update

Loytec now knows they have issues with the L-Vis display using BACnet/IP. Not just with Johnson, but other vendors.

We've been working very close with L-Vis testing and troubleshooting the display using BACnet/IP.

Hopefully within the next couple of months, they'll have these issues worked out.

Devices we are testing with;
    NAE 3510-1
    NAE 3510-2
    NAE 4510-2
    NAE 5510-0
    NIE 5510-0
    ADS Server
    FX-40
    ALC
    FieldServer
    Viconics Wireless

So to clarify you are saying that there is a known problem with all of the BACNET/IP communications, or is it just certain points/parameters? It just seems odd that it would be advertised as able to communicate via BACNET/IP and yet it doesn't. I would bet they tested it with some kind of BACNET/IP. Maybe they didn't but I would be extremely surprised if they didn't. Let me know cause I've been looking closely at the LVIS.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

From the pacific coast, live in the mid-west now!
    Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Update

Hopefully within the next couple of months, they'll have these issues worked out.
    Next couple of months...are you serious? Well...that about sums it up for what we'll be using going forward for BACnet displays (AAM) and its sure as hell not going to be Loytec if you're getting those answers back from them.

yeah aam looks nice, is the config software still expensive or has it come down?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    Next couple of months...are you serious? Well...that about sums it up for what we'll be using going forward for BACnet displays (AAM) and its sure as hell not going to be Loytec if you're getting those answers back from them.
    Has anyone tried Red Lion? It looks like their G3 can do BACnet:
    http://www.redlion.net/Support/Downl...G3/BACnet.html

http://www.redlion.net/g3features/

Red face Plug Feast

Loytec has told me that this display has been at BACnet Plug feast and tested to work with other BACnet devices.

?

Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    yeah aam looks nice, is the config software still expensive or has it come down?
    You may want to check through Kele. Their new catalog just came out and they may have dropped the price. We're an AAM dealer and their version (NB-SD), the software comes free with their commissioning environment.

I really don't understand why they're charging for it. You'd think they give it away to get more traction with people. Nevertheless...its a rock solid device.

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Loytec has told me that this display has been at BACnet Plug feast and tested to work with other BACnet devices.

?
    The user "BACnet" may want to comment on this further. When I talk to the manufacturers of the BACnet product we move, there are a few things I understand relative to BACnet Plugfest:

1. You get to spend 1 or 2 hours with each other. Nowhere near enough time (if you ask me) to make sure you have all the wrinkles ironed out with a device. Obviously, hooking tons of vendors up to one device can potentially be a leap of faith, but attendance to Plugfest doesn't mean you're perfect.

2. I know the user "BACnet" commented to me that the BTL mark doesn't mean its flawless, but when we hook stuff up that carries that BTL mark, we rarely have an issue. We have obvoiusly used some devices that don't have BTL yet, but when we deal with a vendor that has other stuff BTL-listed, the other things will work (provided the products aren't dinosaurs).

You may want to check through Kele. Their new catalog just came out and they may have dropped the price. We're an AAM dealer and their version (NB-SD), the software comes free with their commissioning environment.
    Makes sense now.
    You might have wanted to disclose that bias the first time, when you were bashing the Loytec.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast