Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Loytec LVIS-ME212 BACnet/IP compliance

Does anyone know if the Loytec 12" touch scrren display "LVIS-ME212 - 12.1" is BACnet/IP compliant.

The company told us it was, and we purchased one. We connected it to our site of 30 BACnet/IP devices (NAE, FX, ALC,) and out of the 30 it could only find 6 devices?

I looked at BACnet International and it is not on the BTL Listing - but is on the known BACnet list in BACnet.org.

Anyone have any experenice with this displays?

Thanks

Have you called LOYTEC yet?

(512) 402-5319 Mo.-Fr. 7 am - 2 pm (ET)http://www.loytec.com/americas/index...id=1&Itemid=98
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Loytec

Yes - we called Loytec and they told us it was. So why do we need to troubleshoot the display with their programmer figuring out the problems.

But it seems that they are putting the issues on the other compaines. My question to that is, then why do we have issues with up to four companines, JCI, ALC, FieldServer and the FX40.

I guess this week I'll know what is what

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    But it seems that they are putting the issues on the other compaines. My question to that is, then why do we have issues with up to four companines
    That's why it's integration, your username should tell you that.

Are all your controllers on the same subnet? If all four companies are blaming the other I would go back and start looking at your IP network. Kontrolphreak recently told me about a BACNET scanner he purchased to assist him, it sounds like you may want to even look into the same thing.

Here's one I just found via google
    http://www.soft3k.com/CAS-BACnet-explorer-p10833.htm
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Like Carb says, check your subnets first to make sure that everything is on the same subnet address.
    The scanner that Carb recommended is one that I use also, works great for all BACnet device on a network. Will give information about the devices.
    The Lvis 12" has an IP addrss you assign to it for use on the BACnet/IP network, with that said it will only see device in that subnet addressing mode.

The next thing also to remember is that they need to be true
    BACnet devices and not the language of the company that says it is BACnet.
    Some older Alerton are IBEX system, The older JCI N2 which used M2 or M3 software and so you get the Idea.

Lontshooter

If all your other devices can see each other, then to me it would point to the display as the issue.

There is a firmware upgrade for the L-VIS that may help.
    As stated they will not talk to different subnets, you may want to check a make sure all devices are on the same UDP prot also.
    Chipkins Bacnet explorer is a great tool, I have been using it for years.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

You could have issues if they are different subnets involved.

From the pacific coast, live in the mid-west now!
    Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Yes - we called Loytec and they told us it was. So why do we need to troubleshoot the display with their programmer figuring out the problems.

But it seems that they are putting the issues on the other compaines. My question to that is, then why do we have issues with up to four companines, JCI, ALC, FieldServer and the FX40.

I guess this week I'll know what is what
    I don't know what the bigger shame here is....someone claiming their "BACnet compliant" and not having the BTL-listing to back it up or simply putting your belief in sales people.

Unfortunately, you'll need to figure this one out with Loytec. If you're working with one of their programmers, its likely some type of problem that their front-line tech support guys haven't seen or maybe its a bug.

Its very possible that even one message from one of the four vendors in the mix of things could be magnifying the issue and screwing everyone else up here.

Have you tried disconnecting specific vendors and only discovering? I don't believe that the Loytec displays act as BBMDs so if you're crossing a subnet (as people here are mentioning) that is likely your problem and you'll either need to get the display an address that is on the same subnet or buy a BACnet router that can act as a BBMD.

You may even want to try download Wireshark and sniffing the network to see if any I-Am messages are being sent back by the other BACnet devices.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how things progress.

Too bad he went German, otherwise

Hybridtheory- I understand your desire to have every BACnet product BTL listed, that's the way things are moving in the market and we can all agree that that's a good thing.

On the other hand, it's also important to cut Loytec some slack here. It's not even been a year since the new B-OD (BACnet Operator Display) profile was created. Not a single vendor has listed a product in this category yet although I suspect that many will get around to that before too long.

I agree that it is more likely that integrator's LVIS has a configuration error. I'm sure we all would have heard if there was some fatal flaw in the product that categorically kept it from working with the companies mentioned above.

FYI...

I have on tested with a Trane BCU, Trane SC and Jace. Works great for me.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Not an config issue

I can tell you that it's not a configuration problem. We have taken capture data of the display for the engineer and it shows the crash.

The display has it's issues, with BACnet/IP. First the setup configuration file used does not handle any large amounts of data from the NAE. Second, it doesn't even see other BACnet/IP devices like ALC, and FX.

I would like to hear from anyone how has used the 12" display with more then 10 BACnet/IP devices.

I'm really starting to lost faith with Loytec and the display.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast