Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP 581 wows

MP 581 wows

Two existing MP 581 crashing on comm failures, both were replaced with new displays, same problem, any ideas ??

What do you mean crashing on comm failure? If they lose communication to the BCU, Jace or whatever it should still operate.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Confused MP 581 wows

Quote Originally Posted by qtip View Post
    What do you mean crashing on comm failure? If they lose communication to the BCU, Jace or whatever it should still operate.
    A normal screen with AHUs in operation, the alarm indicator becomes active, sometimes the screen will indicate communication failure, and sometimes the screen displays all alpha-numeric characters and all equipment stops. A restart is accomplished by powering down the MP581 and waiting a moment and powering it back up. Two units with separate MP581 panels fail in the manner. Both MP581 have already been changed out with the display sreens. Its been suggested that the screens may be the cause, I'm thinking a distributance, noise, interference on the communication link. Unfortuniately not knowledgeable enough in this to be able to test it out accurately.

I would replace the wire with a new shieled wire. The old wire is getting wet or is bad.

I am still not understanding where your failures are? You are talking about the touch screen that come with 581? If that is showing you comm failure or alpha numeric values then the 581 itself is locking up.

What front end do you have? Does the building have frequent brown outs or anything that would cause the 581 to lock up?

I'm not sure of the problems, but I recently ordered a MP581 with display and our Trane rep said they can't ship the display because there is a known problem in the manufacturering. He could not tell me when I will recieve one, only to say Trane is not shipping any until the problem is resolved. This maybe what you are seeing.
    Anyone who says this trade is easy, aint doing it right!

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

Proud member of the United Association.

MP 581 wows continued

Quote Originally Posted by scrooloose View Post
    I am still not understanding where your failures are? You are talking about the touch screen that come with 581? If that is showing you comm failure or alpha numeric values then the 581 itself is locking up.

What front end do you have? Does the building have frequent brown outs or anything that would cause the 581 to lock up?
    Thanks for the replys, will be back on site to continue, more to come !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clgman View Post
    A normal screen with AHUs in operation, the alarm indicator becomes active, sometimes the screen will indicate communication failure, and sometimes the screen displays all alpha-numeric characters and all equipment stops. A restart is accomplished by powering down the MP581 and waiting a moment and powering it back up. Two units with separate MP581 panels fail in the manner. Both MP581 have already been changed out with the display sreens. Its been suggested that the screens may be the cause, I'm thinking a distributance, noise, interference on the communication link. Unfortuniately not knowledgeable enough in this to be able to test it out accurately.

What you describe is the exact issue that happened a few years ago when the 580's came out. There was finally a fix that involved upgrading the 580 images. As far as I know the problem you have described has been resolved for quite some time. I do know there is a hold on 580's with displays right now but don't know the reason. I hope the problem hasn't arisen again with the redesign of the 580s they have done in the past year or so.

Are the 580's in question old and your replacing the displays or are they fairly recently installed? If they are a few years old they may have the image bug but I would think that would have been taken care of by now. If they are new there might be a new issue croping up hence the 580 with display shipping freeze.

Either way I would leave the display unplugged for now if I were you.

What kind of comm failure??? I've never seen a comm failure alarm on an MP that involved the comm link, only a comm failure to an EX module or a display screen I wouldn't go ripping out the comm link yet. Do you have any EX-2 modules connected to the MP controller if so are they powered by the controller or a remote power supply I would suspect that this is the culprit if not I'd re seat the connectors for the operator display and make sure that the ribbon cables for the display are good. Hope this helps update us on this I'm curious!!!

Good luck dude

Not sure if you are having the same problem as I have been seeing lately but here is what I have been seeing. Pull up device in Rover and all looks great then all of a sudden everything comes up as crazy alpa numeric numbers but device appears to be working. If you go to configuration it also shows odd alpha numeric data. Reboot the device and everything seems fine. This seems to happen along with a ton of Rover errors which require Rover reboot. The problem seems to have appeared since upgrading to Rover 7.1 pack 5 and a particular job where only using one DSN since it is going to and commissioned on a Jace. Checked comm trunk and that is all within standards.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2142 View Post
    Not sure if you are having the same problem as I have been seeing lately but here is what I have been seeing. Pull up device in Rover and all looks great then all of a sudden everything comes up as crazy alpa numeric numbers but device appears to be working. If you go to configuration it also shows odd alpha numeric data. Reboot the device and everything seems fine. This seems to happen along with a ton of Rover errors which require Rover reboot. The problem seems to have appeared since upgrading to Rover 7.1 pack 5 and a particular job where only using one DSN since it is going to and commissioned on a Jace. Checked comm trunk and that is all within standards.
    I have seen the same thing.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by qtip View Post
    I have seen the same thing.
    Can a Jace configure both DSN's? Maybe a temp work around until problem is fixed.

I found it was a portable display causing issues when connected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast