Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hehehehe ....LOL .... my first real hard day's work for the new company.
    Changed out a fifteen horse copeland, low temp.

I only burned myself half a dozen places. Didnt break nuthin' though. Nobody got hurt.

That was soooo cooool!!!

I got some literature to read tomorrow. I believe we have series 4000 comtrol. If that makes sense.

Love it, love it, love it!!!

Thumbs up

MSC4000 Comtrol.

Nice.

Are you enjoying this, BTW? Should we send a psychiatric safari to Texas???????????????

Senior Tech Guest
    Somebody got to play today...whhhhhhhoooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!

Loops suck...lol...Wait till you have a loop store with no valves at the cases and have to work on a case....Ohhh yea btw comtrol sucks too....Can you say eci/danfoss....eric
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

R12's gone loopy over loops..........

It's great to see someone enthused about his work. The sharing of this excitement is yet another of the great benefits of this site.

I have a question about the term "loop" system. When did this nomenclature become popular? Back in the mid-eighties when I first got involved with what is considered a loop system we called them extended header systems. Prior to that we had some remote header setups and such but I had never heard the loop term until a few years ago.

But then, maybe it's just because I've out of the loop, so to speak.

Not installing adequate isolation valves in a system from the git go is false economy in my book. A LL and SL shutoff on every case and evaporator in the store should be the norm. If they are included in the case specs and provided by the case mfr they're really not that much extra in the overall scheme of things.

It's rare to see isolation valves at condensers and reclaim coils these days too, that is unless Dave's already been there and burned 'em in.

I have always heard them called loops, why who knows?

If you think about it just about every system we deal with is a loop.

I have only ever dealt with one system that was not a loop, a Flash Freezer that used nitrogen as a consumable. Sprayed Nitro right on the bread down a conveyor. Tanker a day.

Don't worry R-12 someday you'll get to change a big compressor.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by bowman
    Loops suck...lol...Wait till you have a loop store with no valves at the cases and have to work on a case....Ohhh yea btw comtrol sucks too....Can you say eci/danfoss....eric
    Or my personal favorite, the flooding TX valve, SOMEWHERE on the loop.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    MSC4000 Comtrol.

Nice.

Are you enjoying this, BTW? Should we send a psychiatric safari to Texas???????????????
    Yeh, this is what controlls the A/C. Got to punch some buttons today. Nice indeed.

Originally posted by bowman
    These stores are just like that. No valves at the cases.

To me, going to all that trouble to pipe in a store and not also installing isolation valves .... it's like taking a shower and no using any soap!
    It just makes for a dirty job!

I wanna put a sign up in each dept that says; "Managers, Your Momma Dont Work Here!!! So You Must Clean Up After Your Customers YOURSELF!!!"

I walk the lines and see all sorts of product down in front of the airflow at the bottom of the cases. Dont these managers and clerks realise this is causing us to add defrosts to their cases so they stay clear?

And that is costing them boo-koo bucks in additional energy bills!

The way I see it, a store ought to be built and operated around one thing ..... the utility meter!

I see vault doors standing open with NOBODY INSIDE!!!
    I see ff cases with product dropped down in the air stream.
    I see product racks disrupting the case airstream and running it right out onto the floor!

It's almost like these guys think electricity is FREE or something!

[i]Or my personal favorite, the flooding TX valve, SOMEWHERE on the loop. [/B]
    yeah that's a good one. Or pumping down 1/2 the store to replace a valve.....brilliant!! save a few now ,pay ALOT later

The comtrol system is pretty good I use them every day here in Connecticut. They usally controll lighting, door frame heaters, compressors, condenser fan motors and all case solonoids...learn how it works well as you will be using it alot if you stay in the supermarket trade. We get major$$$$ here in Ct.

I am also glad to hear the excitement as it makes me remember back when i used to get that feeling when walking into a supermarket machine room. Today i just hope i dont see a load of oil on the floor or 22 systems in alarm when i walk in.

In 5 to 10 years you will know how I feel, the 100 hour weeks and endless nights de-iceing 20 doors of frozen or chasing down some big leak have taken their toll on me.

I am getting out and not going to do supermarket work anymore after next Tues as I have gotten another offer for something better for a 44 yr old tech.

Originally posted by Freezeking2000 I am getting out and not going to do supermarket work anymore after next Tues as I have gotten another offer for something better for a 44 yr old tech. [/B]

that's great...someday I will follow in your footsteps....I swear,after I pay off the new truck,and the new trailer I want to get,and my house gets remodeled,and I got 100,000 in the bank.

I know guys that leave, then they for some cooky reason . They miss all this midnight drama...it's like a disease...a crazy disease.Or maybe it's just the $$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast