TRIEA System
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRIEA System

TRIEA System

The newest thing that I have come across lately....The Triea System....Geothermal without the geo.... so they say. This is how they describe how it works.....vaguely.

"The system design used the ambient temperature of water containers located within the conditioned living space."

Check it out here...
    http://www.trieasystems.com/index.ph...d=30&Itemid=16

What do you say?
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

so where do they get the heat in winter?

Saw something thing like this back in the 1970's for thermal storage of solar heating.

Gave the conditioned space a heat source after the sun set.

It looks very interesting.
    Waddya mean don't thaw out the frig with a knive?

Does anybody have ANY experience with this system?

Greetings,

Standard geothermal was a no go for me as the installation cost was too high [even with incentives] to justify [15 year pay off] vs natural gas.

I came across this system the Triea system and was wondering if anybody has installed, is using, has seen, or has any opinions/information about this system.

Thanks for your thim,

Timinmd1

TRIEA System

I am a neighbor of a guy who had these jokers come to his house. They showed up in different cars pickup trucks with two different state tags, a cadillac, no uniforms, no signage on trucks, did not take an electrical or HVAC permit. Their installation was awful looking and wiring worse. The system did not work, and my neighbor had to get Montgomery County Maryland Consumer Affairs to sue them . Apparently there are other legal actions pending. My neighbor told me the actual guy who invented the system (some engineer type) left the company and the real estate salesman now runs the company. These guys disabled my neighbors existing system and could not figure out how to reconnect it. Montgomery County told my neighbor these guys are not licensed to install and did not have an EPA license to handle refrigerant. My neighbor told me in talking with the guys trying to install the system the "lead guy" was a cruise boat driver and had no experience in the HVAC field the other guy was a residential house wirer. These guys are a joke. The water tanks do not look anything like the tanks on the internet. The Montgomery County guy told my neighbor that they do not have any systems working and had to take all the systems out they tried to install. I called the company and was trying to find out information and the secretary who answered the phone told me she had them put a system in and it didn't work. She made them take out and buy her a new system. She told me these guys don't have a clue what to do since the engineer guy has left. STAY CLEAR OF THESE JOKERS

I am getting a quote from the 'engineer guy' who left Triea to start his own company: Tertia Systems.

I'll keep you posted.

Timinmd1

I think you talking about the local dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdell View Post
    I am a neighbor of a guy who had these jokers come to his house. They showed up in different cars pickup trucks with two different state tags, a cadillac, no uniforms, no signage on trucks, did not take an electrical or HVAC permit. Their installation was awful looking and wiring worse. The system did not work, and my neighbor had to get Montgomery County Maryland Consumer Affairs to sue them . Apparently there are other legal actions pending. My neighbor told me the actual guy who invented the system (some engineer type) left the company and the real estate salesman now runs the company. These guys disabled my neighbors existing system and could not figure out how to reconnect it. Montgomery County told my neighbor these guys are not licensed to install and did not have an EPA license to handle refrigerant. My neighbor told me in talking with the guys trying to install the system the "lead guy" was a cruise boat driver and had no experience in the HVAC field the other guy was a residential house wirer. These guys are a joke. The water tanks do not look anything like the tanks on the internet. The Montgomery County guy told my neighbor that they do not have any systems working and had to take all the systems out they tried to install. I called the company and was trying to find out information and the secretary who answered the phone told me she had them put a system in and it didn't work. She made them take out and buy her a new system. She told me these guys don't have a clue what to do since the engineer guy has left. STAY CLEAR OF THESE JOKERS
    I have been in contact with them and have an earlier post somewhere looking for more info on them. I did not get much response as I recall. The person I emailed was quiet vague in his response. I did call the secretary and she said that she loved the system, it gave her hot water as well as A/C & heat.

Actually, the concept is quite sound. The heat comes from what could be called a water cooled condenser. If you ever say a heat re-claim system for something like a grocery store you will have some idea of what that is like.

So instead of making cold air, it makes cold water and must use some kind of air coil. That is about all the information that I have been able to get out of them. Their web site is quite limited in the info that they provide.

HTH
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Smile Triea

I was told they are revamping the design to add additional water tanks. I heard that of their installations it doesn't cool well below 78 degrees and has difficulty getting even there in the summer. Great concept but these guys have execution problems. Maybe a real company will roll-out this technology?

You got three new members here with posts under ten talking about this system. I smell something fishy...
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

As zach would say; Hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Tluginbill View Post
    The TRIEA System has evolved into a powerful and economical machine with a proven track record of success that has been documented in the past year. Beta testing revealed significant deficiencies that have been addressed with improved parts and design selections, as well as an improved production method. TRIEA Systems, Inc. will continue to make improvements to the product and expand the product line to serve many other needs in the market.

If you would like more information, or want to see a TRIEA System live and in action please contact, me (Tom) at, ]. I can help answer all your TRIEA questions and enlighten you on how this product saves energy.

Regards,

Tom Luginbill
    Hi!

I have to assume you work for Triea Systems as I couldn't find any info in your profile.

I sent a dealer request in to the email address on your web site and have gotten no response.

My main question is where is the heat coming from in the winter. Heat pumps only move heat from one medium to another i.e. air source gets its heat from the outside air and water source gets heat out of water which is then reheated by ground temp or boilers before returning to the heat pump. I can't see that source of heat on the Triea system just looking at the web site.

Can you post more info here rather than by email?

Thanks, Chuck
    Last edited by Stamas; 05-25-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed email

My $.02

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Hi!

I have to assume you work for Triea Systems as I couldn't find any info in your profile.

I sent a dealer request in to the email address on your web site and have gotten no response.

My main question is where is the heat coming from in the winter. Heat pumps only move heat from one medium to another i.e. air source gets its heat from the outside air and water source gets heat out of water which is then reheated by ground temp or boilers before returning to the heat pump. I can't see that source of heat on the Triea system just looking at the web site.

Can you post more info here rather than by email?

Thanks, Chuck
    Here is my take on this thing. First off the principle is pretty sound if you ask me. You have a mini chiller with a water cooled condenser. In the winter, the condenser water gets hot. That is pumped into or through some sort of water coil which is most likely a 4 pipe system. Or it could be used to supply radiant floor or baseboard heat. So I think that would handle the heat problem.

I do not think this system is really ready for production yet. I would say that it is still in Beta Testing. I think it has huge potential but has many bugs to be worked out yet. The administration at the company needs to be put in place prior to getting my interest. How long or good is the warranty when there does not seem to be anyone at the company to respond to you?

I will look at it in 3-5 years and see where they are at, if they are still around.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    Here is my take on this thing. First off the principle is pretty sound if you ask me. You have a mini chiller with a water cooled condenser. In the winter, the condenser water gets hot. That is pumped into or through some sort of water coil which is most likely a 4 pipe system. Or it could be used to supply radiant floor or baseboard heat. So I think that would handle the heat problem.

I do not think this system is really ready for production yet. I would say that it is still in Beta Testing. I think it has huge potential but has many bugs to be worked out yet. The administration at the company needs to be put in place prior to getting my interest. How long or good is the warranty when there does not seem to be anyone at the company to respond to you?

I will look at it in 3-5 years and see where they are at, if they are still around.
    Yes I understand that its like a chiller. But a chiller needs a heat source!! Ground loops, cooling tower, boiler etc...

A heat pump can move heat from one place but it can't just produce heat from nothing!! A little bit maybe from the waste compressor heat.

If you think its a good idea Joe please explain the physics behind it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast