How do you cook your fish? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Any trout fillets battered in ritz crackers, flour, salt, lemon pepper, and egg (optional). Deep fry and serve with lemon. DELICIOUS! Must eat with beer.

Fresh

I think the most important item is fresh fish. I like to catch Red Salmon and put them on ice. Then when you grill them it's excellent!!!
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Cool yummy salmon

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    One time on a scuba diving trip I got to be friends with a couple from Seattle WA. One night there was salmon on the menu. The cook asked how we would like our salmon steaks cooked.

Being an eastcoaster I never knew there was any other way to cook salmon but DONE DONE DONE ! These folks corrected me about this misconception.

They asked me how do you like your beef steaks cooked? I said, "medium rare" They suggested that I try my salmon that way. I ordered medium rare and it was delicious !!! No restuarant on the east coast will ever ask you how you want your salmon cooked.

But no matter how you like to eat salmon the best way to cook it is on a cedar plank on your BBQ.--medium rare with a little sprinkle of old bay.
    if you are feeling real fancy we up in the north will drizzle a lot of maple syrup mixed with alittle soy sauce over the cedar planked salmon gives a great smokey sweet yum taste..... note must soak plank long time in water to prevent major fire ( 1st hand knowledge)
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Salmon is something I think I should like... but don't

...but I love most white fish, and as benny says, a little Old Bay is great, lemon, dill, butter, whatever, etc, under the broiler. Same as grilling basically, just easier to move around on a flat pan instead... but of course its a gas broiler.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by deejer28 View Post
    if you are feeling real fancy we up in the north will drizzle a lot of maple syrup mixed with alittle soy sauce over the cedar planked salmon gives a great smokey sweet yum taste..... note must soak plank long time in water to prevent major fire ( 1st hand knowledge)
    How far up north are you? I go to Nippissing every winter for pickerel - haven't done very well in the last few years. We have family in Sturgeon Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    How far up north are you? I go to Nippissing every winter for pickerel - haven't done very well in the last few years. We have family in Sturgeon Falls.
    Sault Ste Marie. Ontario.... fished nippissing on a stag weekend for one of my buds didnt do well either . We are whitefish, lake trout specs and pickeral around here weather has been so strange here for last couple years everything is way out of cycle
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    ALLLLL kinds of ways to cook fish.

When you are planing a BBQ style dinner I use aluminum foil packets. Cut aluminum foil to accept individual portions of fish. Into each packet place a thin slice of butter, thin slice of onion, sprinkle with Old Bay, a piece of fish, old bay, thin slice of onion, pad of butter, few drops of lemon juice. Fold it up tightly so the juices stay in.

Place each packet on the grille for about 10 mins on each side. Serve right in the packet. Goes good with corn on the cob. BBQ taters cole slaw and all that summertime stuff.
    I did this one for the family last night with some boston bluefish. Just added a little cajan seasoning into the the rest of the seasonings. Caesar salad, cheezy scalloped potatoes.... Apple Crisp... Medium/high at first, then down to medium/low....MMmmMMmmMMm

Thanks Benny!
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123