Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cajun seasoning , pan fry with olive oil...works with most fish and taste great in my opinion.

How about salmon cooked in the dishwasher? google it you will be surprised how good it is.

For tuna I pan fry in Soy-Vay. Cook till you like it. My wife likes it pink(raw) I like it when its just even all the way through. Smoker is good too. The wife also has a good recipe for any fish, it's pan fried with onions, carrots, celery and some other ingredients....I'll try to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Throw it in the dish washer and poach it.
    Shred the cheese in the garbage disposal ?

I guess what I mean the different tastes from different fish. fryed or baked or breaded i will eat just any way its done, but to me it is all white fish. mabey i am thinking to hard and just point at the fish in the case and say give me that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Litchmo View Post
    I guess what I mean the different tastes from different fish. fryed or baked or breaded i will eat just any way its done, but to me it is all white fish. mabey i am thinking to hard and just point at the fish in the case and say give me that one.
    You're in Chicago right?
    Don't eat the ones with more than seven eyes.

Salmon I always marinate, either teriaki, or white wine and herbs - then do it on the BBQ.
    White fish, I bread and cook in olive oil, make a batter and deep fry, or lately; have started to bake it in the oven in a tomato sauce - it's good and easier on my increasing girth......

[quote=can2man;6152232]Salmon I always marinate, either teriaki, or white wine and herbs - then do it on the BBQ.
    White fish, I bread and cook in olive oil, make a batter and deep fry, or lately; have started to bake it in the oven in a tomato sauce - it's good and easier on my increasing girth......[/quote]
    Not just weight but all the pills that go with the good life of cheeseburgers and fries.

One time on a scuba diving trip I got to be friends with a couple from Seattle WA. One night there was salmon on the menu. The cook asked how we would like our salmon steaks cooked.

Being an eastcoaster I never knew there was any other way to cook salmon but DONE DONE DONE ! These folks corrected me about this misconception.

They asked me how do you like your beef steaks cooked? I said, "medium rare" They suggested that I try my salmon that way. I ordered medium rare and it was delicious !!! No restuarant on the east coast will ever ask you how you want your salmon cooked.

But no matter how you like to eat salmon the best way to cook it is on a cedar plank on your BBQ.--medium rare with a little sprinkle of old bay.

You mean there are more than 2 kinds of fish? I thought there were only 2 species you can eat - catfish and crappie!
    Soak them in egg, coat them with 80% cornmeal/20% flour, salt (until it gets outlawed), pepper. DEEP FRY only.

Rainbows scaled and cleaned, pad of butter,salt, lemon pepper, and fresh lemon wedge. Wrap in foil packet campfire grilling is the best but the old gas grill works in a pinch. Bets if they are still wiggling when you clean them and right to the grill. Damn it, did it again, now I'm hungry.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    You mean there are more than 2 kinds of fish? I thought there were only 2 species you can eat - catfish and crappie!
    Soak them in egg, coat them with 80% cornmeal/20% flour, salt (until it gets outlawed), pepper. DEEP FRY only.
    Hi neighbor , PLEASE dont call them Crappie , LOL ! J K . We call them
    sac a' lait ( cajun French loosely meaning tender as milk ). God knew what He was doing when He made them ,,,huh ? To hell with those darned tilapia !!!
    Dont batter fry them ,,,Cajun blackened or pasted with Creole Mustard and rolled in crushed croutons then backed ! OOlala ,talk about slap you mamma good son

Quote Originally Posted by tombeaux View Post
    Hi neighbor , PLEASE dont call them Crappie , LOL ! J K . We call them
    sac a' lait ( cajun French loosely meaning tender as milk ). God knew what He was doing when He made them ,,,huh ? To hell with those darned tilapia !!!
    Dont batter fry them ,,,Cajun blackened or pasted with Creole Mustard and rolled in crushed croutons then backed ! OOlala ,talk about slap you mamma good son
    http://www.thejump.net/fishlist/crappie.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast