Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    CO2 plus any moisture in system equals carbonic acid. Carbonic acid is very corrosive and will do nasty things to anything metal in the system. Dry nitrogen only, could also use argon but nitrogen is much cheaper

Post Likes
    Hey, if you really want to screw up your system ... jus read and do everything in the Doolin's Trouble Shooters Bible. Then use some dytel for leak detection and some thaw-zone for the moisture yoru gonna have from all the co2 you've been infecting the systems with.

Seriously though..... this it the type of stuff that diferentiates the hacks from the tradesmen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    You mean no problems yet, puts moisture in system, guaranteed.
    everyone has different opinions & experience with co2,I have used it for the past 8yrz I do a deep vacuum after, which solves the moister problem my boss used it for 30yrs with no issue

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You get nearly 5 x the "mileage" vs N2.
    Never when poe oil or a drier is present.
    I use it say if the system is new & compressor & drier are valved & the system will get an overnighter on the pump anyway.
    Jermichael Decorean Finley,
    I was squazzed... NPR interview.

Post Likes
    Why? What about systems that use CO2 ?

Post Likes
    Man this is a old thread lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bowman View Post
    DO NOT use...i repeat DO NOT use co2 to pressurize any refrigeration system. The reason for this is becouse co2 has a high moisture content, which will be very very bad for your system if you add co2 to it. That is why dry nitrogen is used. You will be having moisute problems in the least for the next 100 years......Eric
    old thread and full on BS .. the lowest grade of CO2 from Airgas is 99.9%+ pure
    what trace bit of water introduced by using CO2 gas will make next to zero difference
    one has to carry a bulky medium size nitrogen tank to equal a small CO2 tank for number of jobs

nitrogen is filled by pressure vs CO2 is filled by weight and is mostly liquid when full

http://airgassgcatalog.com/catalog/P...Pure_Gases.pdf
    The Election History Engine
    Search a database of counting... Reddit posts from two top political subreddits starting from Nov 2, 2016.
    http://adestefa.com/HE/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skwoodwiva2 View Post
    You get nearly 5 x the "mileage" vs N2.
    Never when poe oil or a drier is present.
    I use it say if the system is new & compressor & drier are valved & the system will get an overnighter on the pump anyway.
    CO2 compressor........ POE oil....
    CO2 ......... Filter drier......???

Why???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    CO2 compressor........ POE oil....
    CO2 ......... Filter drier......???

Why???
    Normally I let it go when you do this, but you persist, did you not read: my excluding all the cases you mention? Are you on Crapatalk?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cy View Post
    old thread and full on BS .. the lowest grade of CO2 from Airgas is 99.9%+ pure
    what trace bit of water introduced by using CO2 gas will make next to zero difference
    one has to carry a bulky medium size nitrogen tank to equal a small CO2 tank for number of jobs

nitrogen is filled by pressure vs CO2 is filled by weight and is mostly liquid when full

http://airgassgcatalog.com/catalog/P...Pure_Gases.pdf
    They lie.
    Or bootleg the proper measures.
    I find a lot of water in CO2, enough times to kill me if is did not treat it as contaminated.

Post Likes
    I am working on a hill CO2 secondary system, ordered instrument grade, dip tube, Asco.
    Thought we had some non-condensibles when we started the last one, so I checked the standing cylinder presures before I added them to the system.
    71 f and about 850 psi on 22 of 25 cylinders.
    3 had standing pressures of 900 psi or above. Asco swears that they don't ship bottles with cap charges, any ideas on why I am seeing some with higher pressures?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hevysrf View Post
    I am working on a hill CO2 secondary system, ordered instrument grade, dip tube, Asco.
    Thought we had some non-condensibles when we started the last one, so I checked the standing cylinder presures before I added them to the system.
    3 had standing pressures of 900 psi or above. Asco swears that they don't ship bottles with cap charges, any ideas on why I am seeing some with higher pressures?
    No one cares or even thinks this gas worthy of oversight.

What is cap charge?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hevysrf View Post
    sounds like normal CO2 pressure/temps to me .. CO2 is about 850psi at 71f
    makes me work thinking in bars and Celsius vs psi and f

CO2 as a Refrigerant — Properties of R744
    https://emersonclimateconversations....rties-of-r744/

The Election History Engine
    Search a database of counting... Reddit posts from two top political subreddits starting from Nov 2, 2016.
    http://adestefa.com/HE/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast