+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a mentor.

Post Likes
    Hello. I am in Portland,OR. and have been running a TV & VCR repair shop for more than 10 years. I am forced to diversify into Refrigeration field. I am currently taking refrigeration classes at community college. Also, a retired person comes to my store once a week to help my cause. So far, we made two service calls to my relatives' convenient stores. Also, I have fixed an ice maker, a portable air conditioner, and a freezer. I like working in this field and if just someone could take me along real job sites and teach me for a month. I am even willing to pay for your trouble. Any takers?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Welcome to the forum.

You are asking in the right place. Post your questions here as you come up with them.

Since you ave relatives who own C-Stores, practice on their equipment.
    Go there and inspect how it is currently operating. Write down what you have discovered and then come here and post your findings. We will make coments on your progress.
    We will give you sugestions on what to do next.

As far as that ice maker you worked on, I feel I must correct you. You siad you "fixed it". In truth, there is no such thing as an ice maker which is "fixed". There are only ice makers which are "repaired". And this is somethign we all must do on a regular basis. Just ask DiceMan, he works on Scotsman and they certainly require regular reapiring!

Do you have any pet animals?
    Do you like shooting guns?
    Do you have a pick up truck or service van?

Do you have a Fluke 16 meter?

Write back, we'll have fun.

Post Likes
    Welcome to the forum also.
    As R12 said your in the right place.
    Now if your bold and venture on to the other parts of this FINE site you may need more than a mentor......
    (Tough skin is a good thing to have here also) (LOL)

But the bottom line is you will find help and a volume of ideas here. Welcome aboard.

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Post Likes
    Thanks. Two Koreans who are already in this field insulted me saying I would not do well in refrigeration. I see why not. I self taught TV repairing and did fairly well. Eventhough the refrigeration repair comes with more pressure, I am going to make it. It may take a while, but that is OK.
    Talk to you later.

Post Likes
    R-12 is dying to mentor someone, but he has some personal issues .......and I think some outstanding warrants as well.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Talking need a mentor

dice will be your mentor,or robo, if you are into goats
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes
    Sung, If you can grasp pressure/temperature and have a good mechanical aptitude, you can learn this field.

If you can't, you would serve yourself better, to stay in Electronics.

This is physics, electronics are just one of the components.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Welcome to to this forum, Mr.Hoon, if you want to learn about Refrigeration, this will be a great place to ask questions.

Just one question, What make you decided to quit TV and vcr and switching to Refrigeration?
    koolrite837

Post Likes
    I am making less than half what I used to make. I can still get by with that. But what about next year? By getting into the refrigeration field, I obtain something that is very valuable, hope.

Post Likes

sung

If you have thw aptitude for the electronics youll be okay. Like frozen said this is a lot of physics. We track our service calls though, and at least 65% are electrical problems. Good luck and keep asking questions thats how i learned.

Post Likes
    sung, come to phoenix, Az. I'll be your mentor.

You don't need to pay me for the training. Your labor for trade. I am preparing to retire soon. Looking for a self motivated person to possibly take over.

I used to live in Portland Oregon, Graduated from Benson PolyTech. Majored in electronic. By chance you live close by Benson?

Oh, by the way, the climate in Phoenix is substantially diff than Portland... be perpare to work on 110F heat. Plenty of work... get you up to speed before the summer is over.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dan wong
    sung, come to phoenix, Az. I'll be your mentor.

You don't need to pay me for the training. Your labor for trade. I am preparing to retire soon. Looking for a self motivated person to possibly take over.

I used to live in Portland Oregon, Graduated from Benson PolyTech. Majored in electronic. By chance you live close by Benson?

Oh, by the way, the climate in Phoenix is substantially diff than Portland... be perpare to work on 110F heat. Plenty of work... get you up to speed before the summer is over.
    thats a HELL of a place to start out haha yea he'll get penty of experience the tmep change might shock him haha

Post Likes
    He will learn how to work real fast, on those roof tops in the summer.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes

hi dan wong

you sound like a nice guy . i hope to ask you a couple of questions about the field of refrigeration, i do residential and a little commercial. but i really like to get onto the refridgeration field i.e. ice makers walk in coolers ....

Post Likes
    Hi Dan. I posted a message this morning, but I don't see the message. I don't where it went. Anyway, yes, I will be glad to spend some time in Pheonix. I looked at a map. It is about 6 hours from Los Angeles. I graduated high school in LA. My email address is diversifiedrefrigeration@juno.com. We can discuss this in detail.

Thanks.

Post Likes

Re: hi dan wong

Originally posted by jessevega1964
    you sound like a nice guy . i hope to ask you a couple of questions about the field of refrigeration, i do residential and a little commercial. but i really like to get onto the refridgeration field i.e. ice makers walk in coolers ....
    Sounded like you are already in the field. I be glad to help in any way.
    If your question is private, my email address is Dan_w85051@yahoo.com

Post Likes
    Originally posted by sunghoon
    Hi Dan. I posted a message this morning, but I don't see the message. I don't where it went. Anyway, yes, I will be glad to spend some time in Pheonix. I looked at a map. It is about 6 hours from Los Angeles. I graduated high school in LA. My email address is diversifiedrefrigeration@juno.com. We can discuss this in detail.

Thanks.
    Now is a very good time. I am looking for self motivated tech now. I will email you shortly.

Post Likes

Danny.......

This guy might be a serial killer, the internet is funny that way.

Post Likes

Re: Danny.......

Originally posted by Diceman
    This guy might be a serial killer, the internet is funny that way.
    MMmMm....what a morbit thought.

Post Likes
    Now that I think about it, Dan might be a serial killer...hmmmmmmmm??????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in