Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I go into this market this morning and the meat cooler is above temp.
    Climb the ladder and check the pressure on the rack and find someone had reset the EPR valve up from 43 # to 60#!!!

WHO Twealed that screw???

Do they just go out of adjustment on their own?

Was it the atomic mole men?

Was it a disgruntled employee? (we had one at another store, 100 miles out in the country!!!)

Frown

Gremlins, I hate those little bastards!
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

Red face

Diceman did it, He Knew you come in .
    koolrite837

Talking

Hey R12, Diceman was there before you.
    koolrite837

Talking

Nobody has tweaked your screw in a long time, except you I mean, that's your problem.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Put a drop of loc-tite on that screw and in the future you'll be able to see if someone messed with it.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Dam dice you seem to get blamed for everything around here.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

I was gonna start a thread entitled; "Who Barfed In My Drain Pan???"

I got to this dairy cooler yesterday and found the drain plugged. It was full o .... "pukey lookin stuff". You know. ..the kinda stuff a goat coughs up after eating too much grass or something.

Originally posted by R12rules
    I was gonna start a thread entitled; "Who Barfed In My Drain Pan???"

I got to this dairy cooler yesterday and found the drain plugged. It was full o .... "pukey lookin stuff". You know. ..the kinda stuff a goat coughs up after eating too much grass or something.

wait 'till you get to a nice ripe produce wet rack , service deli or dairy case

Originally posted by a\c don
    Put a drop of loc-tite on that screw and in the future you'll be able to see if someone messed with it.
    That's not a real good idea on an EPR.

Hazardous to your health, if I'm the one that has to adjust it next time. EPR screws are generally pretty stiff to move to begin with. So, if you're gonna do it, you might not want to own up to it.

Bob, someone probably tried to adjust it themselves in the store, it's happened to me a few times.

They think that they can bump the temp "up a little" by turning the screw. Next thing you knows, there you are, on top of a meat cooler.

I use clear nail polish. Especially on unit's in the city and if I think somebody's been screwing with the control adjustments or letting gas out. Most people, even techs won't look for it, but you will know if somebody has removed a cap or turned a adj screw. It also has hardly any tensile strength to bind anything up and chips off easy.

Just my .02

Check with the Meat cutters, I think you will find Not Me! Did it.

Or if it's Sporlan (the best), might be time for a KSM.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

It may be time for a rebuild kit. I recently redid 3 SORITS that were allowing the pressures to build up to 35-45 from the setting of 18#. The temps in those coffin freezers were all over the place. Steady as a rock, now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast