+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air handler holder uppers.

Post Likes

Air handler holder uppers.

These worked pretty well. Instead of leaning the air handler into the closet and trying to get it on top of the filter, I can set the AH in place, lift it straight up and the brackets hold it the set height (8-12") I want, then just slide the 2200 filter underneath. I made these real quick on a whim thought. Couldn't find any sold anywhere, so I made two.
    I was so excited about trying them out I wasn't paying attention, so I had to pull the AH back out - forgot to seal and line the upper and lower platform and add the new plywood.

Post Likes
    Seems like they would be right in the way when it comes to installing the air filter. Can you explain this more?
    Whoa Maynard - that's not how it works.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmist View Post
    Seems like they would be right in the way when it comes to installing the air filter. Can you explain this more?
    The filter (april air 2200) is 22-1/2" wide. Setting the brackets wider than that allows the filter to slip right under the AH. The narrowest AH I install is 21.5" so with the 2" angle lip, I can still get the room.
    I'm going to make a set that will allow narrower AH's to be installed. And also make one that will lift the AH up when I want to install a filter on an existing AH or furnace so I don't have to remove the AH or furnace.

Post Likes
    Once you insert the fiter box in there how do you get the brackets out?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Once you insert the fiter box in there how do you get the brackets out?
    You can see one 5/16" screw in the foreground (I didn't place a screw on the other side- hard to get too) I simply unscrewed the screw, then slid the bracket foreword. I could have also loosened the bolt keeping the height adjustment and let it fall out. When I install air handlers, I remove the coil and blower and have an empty light case. This allows me to seal the case from the inside and outside, handle it into place easier and lift into the attic, saving the elect hoist for the coils/blower. So the case is fairly light to make it easy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    These worked pretty well. Instead of leaning the air handler into the closet and trying to get it on top of the filter, I can set the AH in place, lift it straight up and the brackets hold it the set height (8-12") I want, then just slide the 2200 filter underneath. I made these real quick on a whim thought. Couldn't find any sold anywhere, so I made two.
    I was so excited about trying them out I wasn't paying attention, so I had to pull the AH back out - forgot to seal and line the upper and lower platform and add the new plywood.

Yea, sure we believe you...no you dont have to post any pics to prove that you sealed up that energy black hole.

Nice trick thoooo, bedframes eh?
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Yea, sure we believe you...no you dont have to post any pics to prove that you sealed up that energy black hole.

Nice trick thoooo, bedframes eh?

LOL.
    I ran into two problems when I started sealing and replacing.
    One, the ply was nailed behind the sheetrock.
    Two, I found a copper gas line running under the platform with a coupling in it to make it worse.
    I had to run a black gas pipe and seal it off (box it) from the return.
    I guess a third problem- When the customer got home he said "OH, you can just cap that off, it goes to the fireplace we never use anymore".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    LOL.
    I ran into two problems when I started sealing and replacing.
    One, the ply was nailed behind the sheetrock.
    Two, I found a copper gas line running under the platform with a coupling in it to make it worse.
    I had to run a black gas pipe and seal it off (box it) from the return.
    I guess a third problem- When the customer got home he said "OH, you can just cap that off, it goes to the fireplace we never use anymore".

Never is easy is it. Just realised that those are adjustable cooler stand legs.cool idea
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Never is easy is it. Just realised that those are adjustable cooler stand legs.cool idea
    Gives me an idea...........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in