Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vulcan oven won't light

i have a vulcan sg4 conv oven that won't light. the door switch is working and I jumped out the centrifugal switch the board is good and the gas valve is new any other ideas thanks Tom

Talking

Hey tbart what do you mean by won't lite? is it sparking? and are you sure gas is flowing? a little more info would be helpful....
    cheers

What else have you checked? You just have to walk through this thing one part at a time.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

How about the high limit ?

I am not getting any power to the igniters i am in the process now of downloading the wiring schematic so i cantrace out each part. I was going to check the transformer than the high limit and just keep jumping part to part in the igniter circuit

I Had a Vulcan at the local jail that did the same thing, Turned out to be the stepdown transformer burnt out.(no voltage to board)
    Funny thing is that I still have yet to figure out what causes it to fail at least once a year.
    Good luck

thanks Baja I will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Baja ss View Post
    I Had a Vulcan at the local jail that did the same thing, Turned out to be the stepdown transformer burnt out.(no voltage to board)
    Funny thing is that I still have yet to figure out what causes it to fail at least once a year.
    Good luck
    power spikes and drops ?

Quote Originally Posted by tbart16 View Post
    i have a vulcan sg4 conv oven that won't light. the door switch is working and I jumped out the centrifugal switch the board is good and the gas valve is new any other ideas thanks Tom
    Is this the same oven you already have a thread for?!? Do you have a service manual for this oven? Seems like you are doing alot of guessing about what is the issue. Don't blow youself up!

i have the service manual now I will probably take a look at it tonite or tomorrow I use the oven for my personal use so I can work on it at my leisure I also have the exact same make and model stacked on top of it that works so I can swap out parts and compare meter readings which is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by tbart16 View Post
    i have the service manual now I will probably take a look at it tonite or tomorrow I use the oven for my personal use so I can work on it at my leisure I also have the exact same make and model stacked on top of it that works so I can swap out parts and compare meter readings which is very nice
    if your not careful you will 2 non working ovens......

Quote Originally Posted by Baja ss View Post
    Good luck
    The inmates are stealing copper from the windings to make shivs.

Chris,
    That is crazy and funny but your probably right !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast