Hot air blow from the commercial exhaust fan

Hot air blow from the commercial exhaust fan

I got hot air and some smoke come from my exhaust fan. My kitchen in food court and a kichen exhaust fan connect to the main building exhaust fan.

4 days ago, the shopping centre got problem with air conditioning, the hot air started to blow into my kitchen at that time. Now they fix the air conditioning but the hot air is still blowing into my kitchen. Other shops don't have this problem when they turn off their exhaust fan but I do have hot air when I turn off my exhaust fan. Also, the cooking smoke doesn't suck in very well when I turn on my exhaust fan. It seems like the air can't get through the building roof.

Anyone know How I can deal with this. The centre people "Trying to smart ASS" say that only my kitchen's problem.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by kapithai View Post
    I got hot air and some smoke come from my exhaust fan. My kitchen in food court and a kichen exhaust fan connect to the main building exhaust fan.

4 days ago, the shopping centre got problem with air conditioning, the hot air started to blow into my kitchen at that time. Now they fix the air conditioning but the hot air is still blowing into my kitchen. Other shops don't have this problem when they turn off their exhaust fan but I do have hot air when I turn off my exhaust fan. Also, the cooking smoke doesn't suck in very well when I turn on my exhaust fan. It seems like the air can't get through the building roof.

Anyone know How I can deal with this. The centre people "Trying to smart ASS" say that only my kitchen's problem.

Tony
    Due to the hazards involved, you should get a qualified professional to check your system. I agree with the center people. Something is wrong with your exhaust. It either needs maintenance, repair, cleaning, or was never properly installed. Get someone who is licensed and insured, because a mistake could cause a fire and if you hire someone who is not licensed then you would be liable for damages and any other consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by kapithai View Post

Tony
    Classic
    Ill assume you have smoke entering into your resurant when your exhaust hood is off.
    Your A/c might be fixed, but you make up air isnt.
    Youll need to bring in more outside air. just enough to pressurize your resturant. that will keep the hot air from coming in when your hood is off.
    You need an exhast hood guy to come out and balance the air.
    Good Luck
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by toptech View Post
    Classic
    Ill assume you have smoke entering into your restaurant when your exhaust hood is off.
    Your A/c might be fixed, but you make up air isn't.
    You'll need to bring in more outside air. just enough to pressurize your restaurant. that will keep the hot air from coming in when your hood is off.
    You need an exhaust hood guy to come out and balance the air.
    Good Luck
    And some tissue paper or a lit cigarette lol.

Quote Originally Posted by toptech View Post
    Classic
    Ill assume you have smoke entering into your resurant when your exhaust hood is off.
    Your A/c might be fixed, but you make up air isnt.
    Youll need to bring in more outside air. just enough to pressurize your resturant. that will keep the hot air from coming in when your hood is off.
    You need an exhast hood guy to come out and balance the air.
    Good Luck
    From what is described he sounds like he is in a food court at a mall. He said the other restaurants do not have a problem. Its unlikely the mall has a bad negative pressure problem, it may very well be positively pressurized at this time of year with economizers open. Looks like he needs to have someone look at HIS exhaust fan. I could make a good guess as to what the problem is especially as I suspect he has not had someone do preventative maintenance. Cooking hood exhausts are a fire hazard if they are not maintained properly. He needs to have someone qualified check it.