Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I normally don't work on refrigerators and was wondering if there is a way to unstop a cap tube on a true single door reach in? I have 150psig of nitrogen going backwards through the suction line and coming back to the discharge line where I cut it loose at the strainer(strainer is out). I thought about brazing the new strainer on and pulling a vacuum on that side with the nitrogen but I don't have another new one if the crap comes out. Any idea's. Oh yea the nitrogen holds pressure with the other side open. thanks.
    scott

warm it up with a torch minimum heat,use a soft tip used for the 95/5 then do your nitro..try just a hose/nitro and damp rag at the open end also as the refrig would flow
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

By the time you clear it, you could have just replaced it.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Many moons ago they had a tool for that, like a gun you pumped up pressure in, way more than 150, like 1500 or sumptin, anyway, it was not a great idea, I had one and used it maybe once. Cut about 2 inches off beginning and possibly the end, if that doesn't work replace it.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Thanks,
    I gave up and cut the thing apart. The whole first inch or so was plugged. I looked in the condenser discharge line and it was full of white sandy looking crap. What was I seeing. I blew a huge dust cloud out of it. This is a 134-a system. I thought I blew it all out except between the evaporator and compressor suction. Even got between the strainer and cap tube. Got it back together weighed in 10 0z (says takes 11) and fired it up. It ran for about a full minute and plugged up again. I'm leaving myself open to snide remarks here but any ideas? I guess new copper?
    scott

The new "freeeeezones" have led to many problems like that.
    Too bad but we are stunk with em for now. Replace small 1/4" copper line from bottom of condenser, new drier maybe those bigger ones like an 0-52 with the service port on it and another inch off the cap, after that if it keeps acting up whole new condenser or whole new unit, witht the price of labor and etc. it's becoming a throw away world on small stuff like that.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Cool

I did one cap tube job and it was the last cap tube job. for first of all if the cap tube is plug there is a reason for it and unless you replace the cap tube and solder the tube to the suction line like it was from the factory and then pur the unit and replace the compressor and oil etc. it cost more that buying a whole new unit.. so now if I see this , it a throw away job... I got better thing to do like feeding my Armadilos.

Heat in the Amazon
    ====================

You should always weld in a new c-032 cap-t drier to the inlet of the cap tube to prevent a re-occuring plug up.

since you fellas are so good to respond. I don't know why they didn't have one in stock, but they don't stock plug wires at the toyota dealership either. I ordered the 12' .046" dia cap tube. This one was taped on the suction line with chrome tape(from the factory). I got some of that. What good is that strainer anyway? It looks like you could drive through those holes. It will go back with a filter drier. For fun I cut the old cap tube into a few one inch pieces and then several 10" pieces. It was plugged all the way. Looked like clogged arteries. This substance was not oily it was very dry. Bizzare. I'll let you know how it goes. This was for the local farm store who had a tech look at it and the tech wanted to put gas in it and find the leak. The compressor just ran and wouldn't pump. Someone had to keep the vaccines cold. Gassing a dead compressor. I knew I could do better than that.
    scott

Have you heard my West Virginia joke? It's really funny.

When I find a pluged cap tube, I cut off six inches from the inlet side. I replace strainer or drier with an 032-S Sporlan cap tube drier, with hi side tap.

I make sure there is nothing inside the system tubing/ components.

For a solvent to flush with, I prefer that gallon jug Johnstone and some others sell. It has the measuring gadget built in to the top of the spout.

The main reason these suckers plug up is due to overheated POE oil. This is due to clogged condensor.

Now that you have all this information ... there is but one thing to consider.... "how is that compressor after all that run time WITHOUT SUCTION COOLING?"

If this thing is a True or Bev Air .... tough call to say if it's even worth it.

Dave, let's hear your joke........

Talking Story has it that

Jesus was going to be born in West Virginia, but they couldn't round up three wise men or a virgin.

Before you start on me. That IS funny. It was told to me by a WV resident. God has a sense of humor about these things.

True

Have more restictions in True equipment than any other for some reason. Not just new refrigerants either. Not trying to bash True.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast