Did jci screw the pooch...agian?

I spoke with an AXer last evening and was told that jci has implemented a huge price increase for the LX line of controllers.

He said it had something to do with the Distech-jci agreement has gone south.

Has anyone heard anything of this?

Oops, not a good news to me. Hope this is not true.

Same here.

Whats the scoop?

If true, are you really suprised?

Just purchased 145 of them, same price. Maybe I bet the price markup.

Is this the LON based controllers?

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Same here.

Whats the scoop?
    They (Distech) screwed their OEM customers with a 25% increase!
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Quote Originally Posted by paulir View Post
    They (Distech) screwed their OEM customers with a 25% increase!
    I would have done it too. In my opinion, JCI is giving them a bad name. JCI sells the controllers......either they have no one locally that can program them or the tech has to learn LON on-site.

Also, I've seen plenty of instances where Distech images had to be loaded into the JCI controllers just for them to work correctly.

In the end, the owners see them as more trouble than they are worth and end up letting Trane or some other competitor move in.

I've seen this more than I should have throughout the last few years.

Recently, I commissioned a project and had to walk the JCI tech through it. He had never worked with LON. Totally not his fault, I felt kinda bad for the guy

Quote Originally Posted by ControlY0urMind View Post
    I would have done it too. In my opinion, JCI is giving them a bad name. JCI sells the controllers......either they have no one locally that can program them or the tech has to learn LON on-site.

Also, I've seen plenty of instances where Distech images had to be loaded into the JCI controllers just for them to work correctly.

In the end, the owners see them as more trouble than they are worth and end up letting Trane or some other competitor move in.

I've seen this more than I should have throughout the last few years.

Recently, I commissioned a project and had to walk the JCI tech through it. He had never worked with LON. Totally not his fault, I felt kinda bad for the guy
    I can agree with your comments, but they (Distech) did this with my OEM also (not JCI), and end result is it made me less competitive, forcing me not to sell their stuff now! It may even be a ploy to try to get us to go direct to Distech. I don't play those kinda games.
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Don't forget that technovator bought a big chunk of distech, so they have a lot of influence now on how things move forward and what business decisions are made. Bottom line is maximize profit, and technovator has their own brand of CAN industrial controllers, my guess is at some point you will also see those controllers being pushed under the distech brand.

http://www.technovator.com.sg/ezcms/...s/newson020408

If you don't know, Technovator is a massive company backed by a lot of rich asian investors, including the sig tech university.