Thinking about a change to McQuay

I saw a few jobs and have a good shot a one of them. Is McQuay a solid company right now? Continueing education is what I would really appreciate in a company, How about McQuays training? Any thoughts from experienced employees would be appreciated.
    It's refreshing to pull your head out of the box when servicing a system.

A former colleague of mine went to work for them earlier on this year. I think he's going on his 3rd trip to Staunton for training soon. He is very busy with WMC and WME machines.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    A former colleague of mine went to work for them earlier on this year. I think he's going on his 3rd trip to Staunton for training soon. He is very busy with WMC and WME machines.
    Thanks, that is what I am looking for. I really cant see where I can go wrong with this change. will know in a few days.
    It's refreshing to pull your head out of the box when servicing a system.

It really depends on the district office. Each is run independently and they can be run quite differently from each other. They have tried to change this a little lately by adding regional training managers to make sure that the techs get the training they need.
    Once thing about McQuay is that McQuay Factory Service is an entirely different entity from McQuay International. The most common complaint is that there can be a large disconnect in communication between the two.
    McQuay is owned by Daikin which has been hit very hard, financially, by the tsunami in Japan.