+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Service agreement > what do you guys think

Post Likes
    Airtron closed up here also. They used to be a good company 25 years ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    Airtron closed up here also. They used to be a good company 25 years ago.
    Closed the San Anton and Dallas shop? or shut down operations all over, I met guys from Indiana working for this outfit ,they all were goodfellas, even offered me a job in Dallas.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja500 View Post
    I'm sure you are familiar with Airtron, in 2007 they set up shop in AZ, their pay structure was by tonnage, all new homes, the guys working there were happy to which I asume must be the same way they paid in TX. This shop closed in 08.
    I was paying my guys 10% of the total ticket for construction and changeouts.

After too many callbacks, I had to go to hourly, because I was having to supplement the helper's pay every week to get their pay up to minimum wage per actual clock hour.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=John Markl;6124132]I was paying my guys 10% of the total ticket for construction and changeouts.

After too many callbacks, I had to go to hourly, because I was having to supplement the helper's pay every week to get their pay up to minimum wage per actual clock hour.[/QUOTE

So is this working out better for you and the guys, did you try to find out why so many call backs, were your guys sabotaging the work cause of the 10% pay rate.

Post Likes
    How about putting things in perspective in a way everyone can relate to-employees & employers. How much profit do some of you employers make in a year? I don't mean what you report as profit-I mean real "take-home" profit after all overhead expenses? In case the tax-man is reading these you can tell of "someone else's" company profits.
    This includes what you pay yourself as an employee, and your wife, if she's on the payroll. My boss's wife sits around the office all day playing video games, he cries about being broke, yet she can show up with a new cadilac-despite how bad they are doing.
    I just want to see this compared to the individual employees profit.

Post Likes
    My boss's wife sits around the office all day playing video games, he cries about being broke, yet she can show up with a new cadilac-despite how bad they are doing.
    I just want to see this compared to the individual employees profit.[/QUOTE]

Interesting; My partner's son sits all day in the office playing games, always crying he has no money yet drives an Escalade. What I did ,was come up with 2 sets of books, I handle the commercial accounts this guy gets zero $$ from this side of the business this book sits on my desk, if my installers want to inspect they are welcome to it, without my installers I could feed my family.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

Wow who ever wrote this is a moron..lol..1. Thinks their s#$t don't stink
    2.Thinks they are a great Businessman lol and 3.prob Has no employees....and if has employees..wow callbacks must be a *****..Really would any tech worth even a grain of salt take this..??????? The first thing this agreement tells a tech is...I Don't Trust any of you....and i'm lazy so get out there and drum up Business so i can sit on my fat ass and get rich...and i will Humiliate you..Who the heck would be on call for 18 an hour??? ouch..just my two cents worth...(i wondering if that would come off my base pay?? lol)

Good Luck Finding Good Techs......

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Baja500;6124342]
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    I was paying my guys 10% of the total ticket for construction and changeouts.

After too many callbacks, I had to go to hourly, because I was having to supplement the helper's pay every week to get their pay up to minimum wage per actual clock hour.[/QUOTE

So is this working out better for you and the guys, did you try to find out why so many call backs, were your guys sabotaging the work cause of the 10% pay rate.
    Why would they sabatoge? 10% of a 5k changeout is $500 for a day's work, split between the crew of 2.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    How about putting things in perspective in a way everyone can relate to-employees & employers. How much profit do some of you employers make in a year? I don't mean what you report as profit-I mean real "take-home" profit after all overhead expenses? In case the tax-man is reading these you can tell of "someone else's" company profits.
    This includes what you pay yourself as an employee, and your wife, if she's on the payroll. My boss's wife sits around the office all day playing video games, he cries about being broke, yet she can show up with a new cadilac-despite how bad they are doing.
    I just want to see this compared to the individual employees profit.
    You assume facts not in evidence. My business has been tight the last two years. Very tight. Yet my wife DOES drive a Cadillac SRX.

Why? Because we own six rental properties, and she works full-time.

Everything isn't always what it seems........

Post Likes
    You assume facts not in evidence. My business has been tight the last two years. Very tight. Yet my wife DOES drive a Cadillac SRX.

Why? Because we own six rental properties, and she works full-time.

Everything isn't always what it seems........
    Not wanting an argument. The facts in evidence was not assumed, it was a statement about my boss, his wife & her car. Not even going to ask how you got the money for all the rental properties.
    I'm sure things are very tight in regards to your business. Probably a bad time to ask the question I have due to the economy-and crappy/beautifull tepid summers pre-ceeded by a long, cool & rainy spring. I know nobodys getting rich these days.
    My question probably should wait 'til things get better. I have a personal plan out of this mess, and I'm not going to rely on my present boss or future bosses. Time not only for employers to start thinking outside the box.

Post Likes
    Not even going to ask how you got the money for all the rental properties.
    Bought my first house in the early 80's when prices were high here, because everyone had been led to believe that the Saturn plant was coming here. It wound up in Tennessee.

In '91, we had a shot at a house we really wanted, but I couldn't list my current house for what I owed on it, because of the post-Saturn market.

A friend suggested that I rent it for the payments.......What the hell, why not....then in '97, my mother in law died. Nobody in the family wanted the house, so I had it appraised and we borrowed the money and bought it from the estate on a 5 year commercial note.

House #2 was on a ten year note, which we paid off early, and bought another house across town, where we've lived for ten years now.

Then, in the mid-2000's, when you could get no money down, stated income loans, we bought three new 1040 sq ft homes from a builder that we did about 100 installs for....He made us a nice price.

The first three houses are paid for, the new ones were on 15-year notes which will be paid off when I'm 62, and the house we're in now is on a 20 year note with ten to go.

Some people take cruises and vacations.....we work our buns off, so we can retire comfortably, THEN take those trips.......(hopefully)

Post Likes
    My question probably should wait 'til things get better. I have a personal plan out of this mess, and I'm not going to rely on my present boss or future bosses. Time not only for employers to start thinking outside the box.
    I'd love to have some incentive-based employees........trouble is, they don't want that.......they want to get paid by the hour, no risk to them, all the risk to me.........fine, but they shouldn't bellyache that I'm making more than they are.......I'm taking all the risks........not to mention drumming up the business to begin with.

Post Likes
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    I'd love to have some incentive-based employees........trouble is, they don't want that.......they want to get paid by the hour, no risk to them, all the risk to me.........fine, but they shouldn't bellyache that I'm making more than they are.......I'm taking all the risks........not to mention drumming up the business to begin with.
    Getting an hourly wage is the draw for a worker. Risk & drumming up business is for the business man. Of course you're supposed to make more than they do. I guess that's what's so hatefull about this service contract to workers. It's like the boss is trying to have his cake & eat it too. Workers want to work-that's it! You deal with the headaches & risk of running the business side. If you do your job & they do their job everything should be good. Think about it, if they are doing the work AND drumming up business & selling stuff-why do they need you? They may as well throw the boss out, hire an office manager and start their own employee owned business.

Post Likes
    Getting an hourly wage is the draw for a worker. Risk & drumming up business is for the business man. Of course you're supposed to make more than they do. I guess that's what's so hatefull about this service contract to workers. It's like the boss is trying to have his cake & eat it too. Workers want to work-that's it! You deal with the headaches & risk of running the business side. If you do your job & they do their job everything should be good. Think about it, if they are doing the work AND drumming up business & selling stuff-why do they need you? They may as well throw the boss out, hire an office manager and start their own employee owned business.
    I agree 100% with your post here.

That being said, my company IS "employee owned". I run calls every day, besides running the business

I think the proposal in the OP is assinine.......however some of the following posts were rather telling.......I am trying to hire someone from another company here. They are under a "you gotta sell 'x' tons per month" demand.....which I think is crap. Drumming up the biz is MY job. It's YOUR job to run the service or do the install properly. And yes, a tech should know when to fix it, or when it's time for a new one, with a solid ethical process.

Post Likes
    You gonna get you & your company BPI certified so to take advantage of the energy bill on the table?

Post Likes
    That's an extrordinairly bad deal for the Tech.

Post Likes
    What a joke, makes me appriciate how good I have it a little more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in