+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You're Fired

Post Likes
    ...and on and on and on....

Post Likes
    AND THEN! He told me "F-That"

He was on thin ice from day one and he tells me that. Can you believe it?

Post Likes
    Sounds like the guy has some problems.

Post Likes
    What did he say when you fired him, why?lol
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Post Likes
    After he said F-that, I gave a jaw like dropping look and said" then go home, I don't need you anymore"

He did try to squirm his way back, but I wasn't having it.

If he had any kind of work ethic I would have considered it, but then again, people with work ethic don't pull the crap he did

Post Likes
    Sounds like you overworked this guy enough to make him sick a lot. He has to take 1/2 days off to get the medicine sos he can eventually perform the work duties for you. Now you fired him! And he faithful to you! What kind a of person are you?! Mean spirited rich republican!

Post Likes

Cool

He couldn't have been all that bad or he would have said "F-that you A-hole!"

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by actnowhvac
    You are a liberal and let this situation go on too long.
    First missed day or early quit without a reasonable explanation, like his own death, is the last. Seriously.

Post Likes

His name...

This guys name isn't Andy is it ?
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes

Talking Re: His name...

Originally posted by AllTemp
    This guys name isn't Andy is it ?
    No I think it was Dave Lennox
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Post Likes

Smile

lol!!!

Post Likes
    Give a guy a break will ya. Boy your a tough boss.

Post Likes

I fired a guy once

just for telling me something I asked him to do was "impossable"!
    Of course was looking for a reason to ask him to take a walk........

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    So that means your hiring right?

Post Likes

Talking

Originally posted by Spidy
    So that means your hiring right?

Not that anyone would want to work for a slavedriver like you!

Post Likes
    Glad to see you get rid of the dead weight. Next time you go to McDonalds ask him for extra fries These people are not professionals and give our profession a bad name.

“Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    A guy clever as that would make a good foreman. Try promoting him and maybe later bringing him into your family in some compacity.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    We hired a good one.....put an ad out, he was the first to apply....I couldn't have been easier. He has no HVAC experience but used to work on appliances so he has a good idea about stuff. It has only been 9 days and he has impressed everyone....

AND ok.....what do you do in this situation....our lead installer.....does AWSOME work. He can make a damn furnace look like a work of art and run just as good as it looks. Problem is the short day thing too. Sometimes comes in 9:30 or so, then leaves at 3 or 4:00. Not all the time but a lot. We don't want to lose him but how the hell do you get a guy to change his ways, he hasn't always been like this. I have to say that he does make sure everything is done before he calls it a day though, I appreciate that...It's just annoying to hear him bitch about small checks when he works so many short days. Any ideas?

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 04-23-2004 at 02:15 AM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

it's all about expectations

When a man is hired a list of expectations must be reveiwed. Before I hire They are to read our company handbook and deem it acceptable. If not they're not hired. The first day we sit down and go through my expectations, the time we start. how a time card is filled out, breaks,tools required, travel pay etc. I monitor the new hire to make sure our expectations are understood. This does away with the "gee I did'nt know" problem. With an existing situation it is best to address the problems to the entere company in general. This way one person does'nt feel singled out. If this does'nt help then this one person must be singled out in private.

The short day problem. Can tomorrows job be preped and loaded? Sheetmetal fabbed out for jobs in advance. It's challenging to fill in a half hour.

[Edited by tinman on 04-23-2004 at 06:05 AM]
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    We hired a good one.....put an ad out, he was the first to apply....I couldn't have been easier. He has no HVAC experience but used to work on appliances so he has a good idea about stuff. It has only been 9 days and he has impressed everyone....

AND ok.....what do you do in this situation....our lead installer.....does AWSOME work. He can make a damn furnace look like a work of art and run just as good as it looks. Problem is the short day thing too. Sometimes comes in 9:30 or so, then leaves at 3 or 4:00. Not all the time but a lot. We don't want to lose him but how the hell do you get a guy to change his ways, he hasn't always been like this. I have to say that he does make sure everything is done before he calls it a day though, I appreciate that...It's just annoying to hear him bitch about small checks when he works so many short days. Any ideas?

I had 2 of that kind in the past 4 yrs. Because they were good at what they did and that kind of help is fewer and fewer I didn't stop that self appointed levity. Yes they bitched about short checks too even when I reminded them they were the ones that clocked out or didn't come in. I'll tell you it won't get better cause they are calling to many of the shots at this point. Nothing but bad will finally come of it. Had a party when the both of them finally didn't work here anymore. One of the guys was my lead man for a lot of yrs. Who ever is suppose to be making policy better stand up to the plate. I called my lead man on the rug a few weeks ago for much of the same thing and it's been a whole lot better since.
    [Edited by i_got_ideas on 04-23-2004 at 02:15 AM]
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in