Condensation on PVC Attic Heater Vent Stack

My heater is installed in the basement. It has two PVC white pipes from the heater that go into the attic where they are joined together and then exit the roof. I have had water drip off the PVC pipe over the years and it finally worked its way through the insulation and now it has worked through the drywall in the ceiling. I checked it and the water drips off the PVC pipe where it changes direction as it goes up toward the roof. Now, each time when the heater comes on and it is cold outside, there is a steady slow dripping of water. What can I do? Thanks.

Sounds like you've got a leak in the joint, not an exterior condensation issue.
    Condensation is normal on the inside of the pipe. If it's condensing on the outside, the furnace is not burning properly. The pipe should not get that hot.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

try insulating the pipe. it should take care of your problem
    Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.

Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - 2007), Hocus Pocus

any time the exaust is passing through an unheated enviroment it should be insulated. its part of the code here, to avoid just such issues.
    Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.

Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - 2007), Hocus Pocus

Quote Originally Posted by Logan_L View Post
    any time the exaust is passing through an unheated enviroment it should be insulated. its part of the code here, to avoid just such issues.
    Yeah but if he has a loose joint, the problem needs to be addressed first. And as 2old2rock stated, that pipe shouldnt get hot enough to make condensation on the outside.
    Your positive that it's not leaking from the roof?

There is an out of left field chance that the cold air intake is condensing in the warm attic,if so insulate.
    There is a much bettor chance that there is a leak where the pipes pass through the roof or wall.There is also, a chance that through vibration an improperly glued pipe or fitting is now leaking in the attic.
    What ever it is it should be corrected asap