Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R-22 drop in?

R-22 drop in?

Hey guys,

With the cooiling season around the corner and the phasinig out of R-22, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a drop in replacement for R-22 without changing oil or other modifications. There will be leak checks and top offs coming.

I heard that R417 is but just wanted to look for some confirmation. Thanks with any info.

There are quite a few refrigerants that work like 22, not really drop-ins. You need to start from scratch, no mixing. What application? Since I'm from Indy, most familiar with ICOR's. NU22b R422b is for A/C applications and One Shot R422c is more for refrigeration. Other replies will have other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    There are quite a few refrigerants that work like 22, not really drop-ins. You need to start from scratch, no mixing. What application? Since I'm from Indy, most familiar with ICOR's. NU22b R422b is for A/C applications and One Shot R422c is more for refrigeration. Other replies will have other ideas.
    Ditto
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by dmd-marc View Post
    Hey guys,

With the cooiling season around the corner and the phasinig out of R-22, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a drop in replacement for R-22 without changing oil or other modifications. There will be leak checks and top offs coming.

I heard that R417 is but just wanted to look for some confirmation. Thanks with any info.
    No need to worry about R-22 retrofits anytime soon.Plenty of it will still be available for a while.

Cool

Has anyone used MO99?

Duponts replacement for R-22, uses same mineral oil.
    "My hands are for sale"

My supplier told me to forget about replacements for a while as R-22 is still available and the replacements are still more expensive than the real stuff.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    My supplier told me to forget about replacements for a while as R-22 is still available and the replacements are still more expensive than the real stuff.
    What he said.

My local Johnstone has the 422a but not 422b, and can't give me pricing on either. I'll stick with R-22 for now.

There's still some sweet deals on r-22 out there if you buy some quantities at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    What he said.

My local Johnstone has the 422a but not 422b, and can't give me pricing on either. I'll stick with R-22 for now.
    I actually meant 421B. Price on it today was $about $40 higher than R-22.

jd I believe R421b is a replacement for R22 low temp applications. Manufactured by RMS Gas in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    jd I believe R421b is a replacement for R22 low temp applications. Manufactured by RMS Gas in Georgia
    See this is why it's easier to go R-22. You're right it's 421a that is the AC replacement.

Angry REFRIGERANTS

Ya all these numbers & letters its overwhelming.I miss the good old days with a hand full of refrigerants.How many jugs of this stuff do they want us lug around. Just when i take one off to make room i need it the same day. If one did just A/C it sure would simplify things.

My last company I worked for we used m099 in a chiller at Dupont and removed it. I have used R-407c at a but you must change the oil 3+X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast