Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For R12 Rules

So, are you saying a section that would be viewable by all, but only postable by members of a special group? I just want to understand what you are thinking about so I can think about it too.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

I'm sorta wondering that myself.

Maybe it needs to be a "By request" section, so that you would have to ask for posting privileges in it, and they could be revoked if there is a problem??? It would cut down on the moderation needed in that area.

On the other hand, don, the good news is, there wouldn't need to be a whole lot of policing in this hypothetical area, I'm certain. One condition of having privileges to an area like that would have to be "watch your language", but other than that, it's not a volatile thing like ARP, or that wild Fireplace discussion.

Don ... in reply to your question....

What Dave says here makes sense.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    I'm sorta wondering that myself.

Maybe it needs to be a "By request" section, so that you would have to ask for posting privileges in it, and they could be revoked if there is a problem??? It would cut down on the moderation needed in that area.

On the other hand, Don, the good news is, there wouldn't need to be a whole lot of policing in this hypothetical area, I'm certain.
    If the guys dont mind posting thoughts/ feelings which could be viewed by anyone, then this would work. Otherwise it would need to be an area where only the subscribers could view and or post inside of.

I believe the main value in hosting this type of discussion here on your site Don, the people who want this type of thing would already feel at home here. They are comfortable here. They are all known here.

I imagine the only fear or porblem would be someone coming along and posting something slandering or inflamatory towards another member of this group.

Talking Please let me in.........

Do you have to wear lace panites to be able to post in it?
    I have to get some.
    I don't wanna be left out.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

But For The Grace Of God

I have been clean and sober for 16 years. But the important thing is I have not had to pick up a drink today.

Two weeks ago I ran into a wall and have had a king sized resentment brewing for almost 2 weeks. I have been to meetings. I have read the Big Book. I have prayed for the people I am feeling resentful towards.

I guess when I suggested a discussion forum for people in recovery I was looking to institute one more avenue of help or a place to look for last second advice on dealing with a situation.

As we all know this site has been a great place for a great many of us to vent. And sometimes being an alcoholic it is better to write something down and move on as opposed to acting on these thoughts.

One of things the AA program teaches is we drunks are not that good at handling anger. Even justified anger. And I guess that is why I am so pissed off. It seems like everytime I feel an apology is owed to me, guess what, it aint ever gonna happen!

So once again I am going to have to humble myself and apologize for my part in this argument and once again not get the satisfaction of hearing someone else admit they were wrong.

Why do I always have to be the first one to reach out and mend a relationship?

Right now the answer is I have to, or I will drink, and if I drink I will die.

Sorry for the long post.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

You must know drinking does not solve anything, it only makes matters worse. Why should you hurt yourself because someone did you wrong? Like adding insult to injury isn't it?
    Just have it out with them and be done with it, you will all be better off.
    Good luck.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Soda, I know how it feels. My Dad was a recovering A when he finally surendared his life to Christ. This was a bit late for him. He died six months later.

He could have had a great life. But his body was too far gone.

My Mother taught me to never drink when I am depressed. I have heeded her advice over the years. Even when horrendous events took place.

I can see some of my Dad in me. And I do not mean the good parts.
    I really need to watch out or else I could fall into that same trap he was in.

It is all about making choices. Choices which will affect the rest of our lives. But not only our own life, but also the lives and well being of most of those around us.

Re: But For The Grace Of God

Originally posted by sodadude

One of things the AA program teaches is we drunks are not that good at handling anger. Even justified anger. And I guess that is why I am so pissed off. It seems like everytime I feel an apology is owed to me, guess what, it aint ever gonna happen!

There is another book called "pulling your own strings"

This book will be the solution to your problem of resentment.

Others on the board can attest to that!

[Edited by infwsdm on 04-21-2004 at 11:27 PM]

Originally posted by Diceman
    You must know drinking does not solve anything, it only makes matters worse. Why should you hurt yourself because someone did you wrong? Like adding insult to injury isn't it?
    Just have it out with them and be done with it, you will all be better off.
    Good luck.
    If it were only that easy, there would be a 12 year row of dead bodies behind me...

I read something the other day that fit right into a problem my son was having. He had gotten into a little physical skirmish with a kid at school who is also on his little league team and they are friends. They both got detention and lost some recess privaliges and from the story I got from my son and the teacher the other kid started it. I told my son to appologies "Like you say "for his part" of the problem" The next day after school he told me that he told the other boy "I'm sorry for what happened the other day and hope we can get past it" The other kid was appologizing back. I know it's not always as easy as that.

Getting back to what I read..." If you want to have the last word in an argument, be the 1st to appologize"

This world is full of stubborn a*s people who think that the world revolves around them and if we let it put us in a gutter we are no better than they are.

Re: Re: But For The Grace Of God

Originally posted by infwsdm

There is another book called "pulling your own strings"

This book will be the solution to your problem of resentment.

Others on the board can attest to that!

[Edited by infwsdm on 04-21-2004 at 11:27 PM]
    Is that the actual title of the book? Sounds like it could be helpful.

Memo to Dice: Lace undies are optional, but it is required that they be removed before posting!

Maybe I should post a long boring synopsis of the whole scenario from start to finish and then everyone can have at it and critique. Maybe I am totally in the wrong. Maybe I feel like I handled the situation like a coward and now have to live with the shame.

It happened on Easter Sunday and I have not let it go yet.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

If it keeps ya from drinking, lets hear it.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Definitely. Laid down the booze and pills 14 years ago. Have never had the urge to pick them back up.

Anger, hate, jelousy, and all the other bad emotions not only kill you spiritually but also take a large toll on the body!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast