Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: For R12 Rules

Has Boss ever considered opening a subject area pertaining to drunks and dopers in a spiritual recovery program?

Dude I have a major resentment right now that I seem to be unable to let go. Hopefully I will not drink over it.

I keep bouncing back and forth between anger, indignation and shame.

It would be nice for us addicted personalities to have a place to chat and read about healthy recovery ideas.

Your thoughts?

Bonus question. Who will be the first poster to tell me to take off my lace underwear? Heh, heh.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

I think that you are from Massachusetts!! And you know what they call people from Massachusetts.

How you been dude. The snow is pretty much off the mountain. We'll have to get together and do lunch pretty soon.

Talking for R12rules

sodadude where in the hell have you been missed ya man,send me an email.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Originally posted by benncool
    I think that you are from Massachusetts!! And you know what they call people from Massachusetts.

How you been dude. The snow is pretty much off the mountain. We'll have to get together and do lunch pretty soon.
    Cmon you know better than that. I am a native Vermonter just like you. Always remember that real Vermonters spread sh#t, they dont pack it!

We wont be doing Deacons Den anytime soon. Last I knew all the outside doors had been padlocked by the IRS for non payment!

Re: for R12rules

Originally posted by len
    sodadude where in the hell have you been missed ya man,send me an email.
    Will do man. We'll have to get up to speed on all the latest.

Originally posted by sodadude
    Has Boss ever considered opening a subject area pertaining to drunks and dopers in a spiritual recovery program?

It would be nice for us addicted personalities to have a place to chat and read about healthy recovery ideas.

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts? I see it could work right here. If Don allowed us to meet on this site, we could make it work. Only problem would be interuptions by rabblerousers. It could work if people were allowed to post responces only if invited into the group. Otherwise it would be to view only. Save for the group members who could not only view, but also post and make responces.

Otherwise it would turn into a free for all and become very negative.

I await a reply from Don.

It would be an honor to participate in such a forum with y'all.

I've been both. Doper and drinker. Recovered. It's not easy since the temptation is everywhere.

Go take off your lace.................
    Aw what the hell, leave em on if it keeps ya from falling off the wagon, good luck, you can do it.
    hvac guys can do anyting if they put their minds to it, otherwise you don't survive in this biz very long.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by sodadude

Dude I have a major resentment right now that I seem to be unable to let go. Hopefully I will not drink over it.

I keep bouncing back and forth between anger, indignation and shame.

Your thoughts?

There are support groups like AA, NA, EA in just about every community. That would be a good place.

Get a book with the 12 step program and work it. Attend meetings for help.

Trying to solve these 'issues' alone is not possible. Because if it were, they would not be issues

On a BB, I don't think would be productive.

Might not hurt, but I'm not sure this is really the place for it. I can't see it being counter-productive, but, let's face it, when you need a meeting, you need a meeting.

A Google search

Revealed what appears to be a useful site.
    http://www.soberrecovery.com/links/m...dsandchat.html
    I'm gonna take a look at some of their links.

Dave that's a really good link. A ton of stuff.

I can see both sides of the arguement that this is not the place to hold such discussions. The flip side is; due to the inherant commaraderie of this community, there is more common ground amongst us than going to another site and starting from scratch.

There's already relationships begun here. We follow each other thru troubles as well as triumphs.

Geting into a small group would serve to reinforse what we already know about each other.
    Feeling comfortable around someone is a begining towards opening up and sharing what deep down inside us hurts.

Whatever happens, happens.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast