+ Reply to Thread

Thread: inducer

Post Likes

inducer

i service a place that has negative air fireplace is gas its down drafting can anyone tell me where i can get a fan inducer that monts on the top of the b- vent on the roof to induce draft called lennox yesterday tech dept dont know nothing only said companys make them dont know who any ideas model # and serial# are closed in by marbel thanks

Post Likes
    Google b-vent draft inducers.

Post Likes
    Please forgive me if I sound ignorant, but wouldn't the proper way to resolve this problem be to solve the negative air issue?
    Common sense is NOT common !!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by logdoc_rob View Post
    Please forgive me if I sound ignorant, but wouldn't the proper way to resolve this problem be to solve the negative air issue?
    Yeah, but isn't it more fun to suck even more air out of the building with a draft fan? Then when people open the front door it sucks them right in.

Post Likes
    i told the customer we need to replace the
    heated m-u-a they dont want to hear of it i told them that it would be hard to open front doors & all the heat & a/c will be heating & cooling the outside but they dont want to spend the money to replace the heated m-u-a they think its cheaper to install a inducer oh wait they must have stock in the utilies so the money they waste up the flue is no problem

Post Likes

Cool Suck-O-Matic on B-vent

It's even more fun when the front door opens outwards such as in commercial buildings. Put that exhaust fan on then watch they try to pry the front door open.

Seriously, Rob is correct--fix the house and the fireplace will work. In order to install such a fan, it would have to be tested and listed for use with that particular Fp. Generic exhausts are Not approved by code.

HTH,
    Hearthman

Post Likes
    vtp99 thanks for the info found what i was looking thanks again

Post Likes
    might want to check out the water heater also, if its gas!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in