Manitowoc no harvest ?

Manitowoc QYO605W. Not working. Found bad fuse in disconnect. Replaced fuse. Water curtain worked, ice formed, ice did not drop. Reset walked away came back to a block of ice on evap. Running hair dryer on it now. Will clean and set ice thickness probe. Ice just dropped off evap as I am writing. Any suggestions appreciated.

I don't want to be an a$$, but I care about our trade.
    First, you gave no information whatsoever to allow anyone else to make even an uneducated guess. A tech needs to walk in with eyes open, ambient conditions, load environment, on and on.
    A fuse blown and you simply replace it? Fuses blow for a reason, that's the first thing you have to figure out.
    I looked, just out of curiosity, at your public profile. It seems you are more interested in the latest tools than how it all works.
    So, if you want a quantified answer, take the time to get all of the information and post it. Heck, once you get all the info, you may figure it out yourself!
    Again, I am not trying to be a hard-a$$, but this industry needs to keep improving and knowledge is the core of how that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maintenancek View Post
    Manitowoc QYO605W. Not working. Found bad fuse in disconnect. Replaced fuse. Water curtain worked, ice formed, ice did not drop. Reset walked away came back to a block of ice on evap. Running hair dryer on it now. Will clean and set ice thickness probe. Ice just dropped off evap as I am writing. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Way more info needed for anyone to help you. Do you have the service manual? If not , you need to get one. Check on their website.

probably just a dirty evaporator...call a pro

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Download the manual and start reading.

http://www.manitowocice.com/docs/upl...Q_Model_sm.pdf