Hussman ? Who knows?

I think what I have is Hussman DM-Z in eight foot sections. Dairy / Deli Merchandizers.

It seems to my often dimly lit memory that these things need about 1800 BTU's per foot.

Is that correct? Or anywhere near to correct?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

The load requirement varies depending upon the shelf size and lighting options, but for a typical application, a DM calls for 1690 Btuh/ft at +19ºF SST for a 32ºF discharge air temperature.

You can download the I&O Manual for this case in Hussmann's Discontinued Systems Information section which is listed in the Educational Forums HERE.

I forgot to mention -

These cases have lighted shelves.

And are the low-front reach over units.

1690 you say - so my 1800 memory wasn't so bad I guess. <g>

But now that I'm looking at it - doesn't that seem energy-hog like? Almost 1 1/2 HP per 8' section?

Thanks for the link.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    The load requirement varies depending upon the shelf size and lighting options, but for a typical application, a DM calls for 1690 Btuh/ft at +19ºF SST for a 32ºF discharge air temperature.

You can download the I&O Manual for this case in Hussmann's Discontinued Systems Information section which is listed in the Educational Forums HERE.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.