FX40 Lead Lag Runtime Object
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FX40 Lead Lag Runtime Object

When using the LeadLagRuntime object in the kitControl pallete what types of data can be linked to the Runtime A and Runtime B slots. I have tried linking pump status and enable commands with no luck. Thanks.

These are time inputs. Add a runtime totalization to the pump status and then link the accumulated time to Runtime A/B/C...
    UA LU 562

Cannot find a runtime totalization object in the kitControl pallette.

Quote Originally Posted by GONFISHN View Post
    Cannot find a runtime totalization object in the kitControl pallette.
    copy/paste from the help
    DiscreteTotalizerExt is a control point extension for accumulating runtime and change of state counts on binary or enum values. Two actions are available to clear (zero) accumulated totals, ResetChangeOfStateCount and ResetElapsedActiveTime.

The DiscreteTotalizerExt is available in the Extensions folder of the control palette.

When trying to drag and drop onto wire sheet I get this error message:
    Drop failed.
    Illegal parent "baja:folder" for child "control: DiscreteTotalizerExt".

When trying to drag and drop onto wire sheet I get this error message:
    Drop failed.
    Illegal parent "baja:folder" for child "control: DiscreteTotalizerExt".
    Try dropping it onto a point instead of a folder. A folder does not change state.

You'll have to composite out these values to be able to link them to anything on the wiresheet.
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Ok so I figured it out. If you go to the point for the pump status in point extension manager and the click on the box for totalization it automatically adds the discrete totalizer ext to the point. Then you can link this value to the runtime slot on the lead/lag runtime object. It is functioning properly, but whichever pump is not being called for is showing an alarm state in the lead/lag runtime object. I am bringing both pump statuses into an "OR" block and then taking that output to the in slot for feedback in the lead/lag runtime object. Is this correct?? Also what value should I use for Max Runtime??

An alarm is generated when the "Feedback Delay" timer expires and the Feedback does not have a status. By default, that timer is 5 seconds. I'm guessing that's your alarm issue.

Or block is correct.

Max Runtime? How often do you want the pumps to switch?
    UA LU 562

I thought that the pumps were switched to maintain equal runtime?? If that is the case what is the need for max runtime??

I thought that the pumps were switched to maintain equal runtime?? If that is the case what is the need for max runtime??
    I just use a calenderschedule to rotate the "X" day of the month/ "X" TOD..and then manually create the failover logic and alarming with standard pallette objects.
    Its not as pretty as a custom PO, but it works without all the custom java background mojo. Once you have it made and tested you have it forever to paste in as needed.

That is the amount of continuous accumulated runtime that makes it switch loads. Meaning if your load is on continuously, after that period of time has elapsed it will shift to the other load. When it first starts a load it starts the one with the least runtime.
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

Now that you have it working I would encourage you to test the failure and see if you like how it acts. Unless something has changed if you get a feed back failure it will continiously switch between outputs ever so many seconds(what ever you delay is) Although it works id didn't like that fact and did as Freddy and wrote my own logic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast