Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    We have tried to pull the other side into the 21st century, but old habits are hard to break.... They're really harmless if you leave them in their own little world...

I always get a kick.. Billions of planets, scattered over millions of light years, but the "Creator" saves those who believe........whatever the group speaking says.....
    The vastness of it all overwhelms me. Humans may not be the be all and end all of evolution. Most likely we are a speed bump.
    Last edited by can2man; 02-28-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Too many beers watching Olympic hockey

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    The vastness of it all overwhelms me. Humans may not be the be all and end all of evolution. Most likely we are a speed bump.
    Evolution.

Why is it that we are the only ones that evolved? Why isn't my dog sitting here having a conversation with me?

Evolution is a pipe dream. Big bang is just a big joke, the depth of everything just didn't happen.

They say that Christians just need something to believe, but the funny thing is we have the Bible, and Darwin only had theory.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    Evolution.

Why is it that we are the only ones that evolved? Why isn't my dog sitting here having a conversation with me?

Evolution is a pipe dream. Big bang is just a big joke, the depth of everything just didn't happen.

They say that Christians just need something to believe, but the funny thing is we have the Bible, and Darwin only had theory.
    We are not the only ones that have evolved. Your dog probably doesn't find you very interesting. Big Bang - don't know. The Bible is less than a theory - it is sub-theory.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    Evolution.

Yeah, 6,000 years ago an unseen being "breathed" life onto this barren rock.... Damn, that is so much more probable....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    We are not the only ones that have evolved. Your dog probably doesn't find you very interesting. Big Bang - don't know. The Bible is less than a theory - it is sub-theory.
    Do you always resort to personal attacks when you don't have a good answer.

Scripture says God uses the simple things of the world to confine (confuse) the wise... Looks like he is at it again...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    Yeah, 6,000 years ago an unseen being "breathed" life onto this barren rock.... Damn, that is so much more probable....
    I'll tell you what is more probable than YOUR idea. Putting all the parts of a watch in a tumbler and turning it on and expecting a working watch to come out after any period of time you choose. But that's how you think we got here...sheer happenstance.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I'll tell you what is more probable than YOUR idea. Putting all the parts of a watch in a tumbler and turning it on and expecting a working watch to come out after any period of time you choose. But that's how you think we got here...sheer happenstance.
    Boots, you are being nice...

More like sheer impossibility...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

This is better than watching Hells Kitchen!
    Last edited by air2spare; 02-28-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by air2spare View Post

This is better than watching Hells Kitchen!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I've been trying to follow this thread as the original question is interesting. I'm having difficulty. I've been just lucky enough to have somehow survived learning some very hard lessons in life. I think I have a fair understanding of the difference between Right and Wrong, but I am by no means a student of the Bible. I am absolutely convinced, however, that NO single religion has the ultimate final interpretation of God's will.

So it's entirely possible I missed something. Has anyone even attempted to answer the original question...?
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

If we were created by happenstance, would that change the way you treat other creatures..?? Would it burst your bubble if you found out you are not really that special..??
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I have never found any fault with your theology I just don't subscribe to debating the spiritually dead. I'm not much of the "grey area" type so I'm just steering clear as well as enjoying!

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast