FX40 station running low on disc space

I haven't had this problems yet, but my 4 year old FX systems is now telling me it is running low on disc space.
    I have plenty of room on the hard drive, I am assuming it is the FX's space that is running low.
    whats the easiest and safest way to recover the space the program wants to get rid of the message?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmud View Post
    I haven't had this problems yet, but my 4 year old FX systems is now telling me it is running low on disc space.
    I have plenty of room on the hard drive, I am assuming it is the FX's space that is running low.
    whats the easiest and safest way to recover the space the program wants to get rid of the message?
    Make sure station autosaves are at zero. Then delete the saved ones.
    What revision is in it. If it was upgraded to 3.3 that alone will load it too much...the useless JCI aplliance hogs resouces as well. Strip as much as you can get away with. However this will depend on how much you relied on the "Appliance" to set it up.
    It is mind boggleling how much redundant crap is on a FX-40 vs a regular 403..

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Make sure station autosaves are at zero. Then delete the saved ones.
    What revision is in it. If it was upgraded to 3.3 that alone will load it too much...the useless JCI aplliance hogs resouces as well. Strip as much as you can get away with. However this will depend on how much you relied on the "Appliance" to set it up.
    It is mind boggleling how much redundant crap is on a FX-40 vs a regular 403..
    Thanks Fred.
    I found out autosave was set at 48, the lowest I could make it was 1
    I cannot find the files you suggested deleting. where are they?
    Remember I am not using workbench to access, just the browser version
    its a J403 version 3.0.106.1
    Please explain the appliance angle a bit more for me if you dont mind
    Thanx

I have deleted alot of files from the unit, mostly graphics files I made early on. I still cannot find the autosave files. also I do not know what areas of the spy remote to get into to see which %'s are the ram drive. The Niagara forums has something on this but not detailed enough.
    Also, if I do clear the needed disc space, do I have to power off the FX unit to get the nag screen to go away?
    I am thinking pull the ac power and the battery? or would that cause more damage then good?