Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Who Is Jesus Christ?

Rather then confuse the Catholic thread started by acmanco, I will start another on the real question.

The question is not which religious organization one belongs to or what sort of Christian organization one adheres to but rather if one calls him or herself a Christian what do you believe. Not what your church believes but what do you believe.

If you call yourself a Christian you are in some way making the claim that you are a follower of Jesus Christ.

So the question is Who Is He? What Is He? or What Was He? If you are a follower of Christ then what do you mean by that? Who is this one you claim to follow? Who is he to you?

I don't care if you consider yourself a Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Lutheran or something else, if you claim to be Christian then who is this one you claim to follow?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

I suppose that Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ....duh.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

He is my father, my saviour and my path to everlasting life.

Is he a man, a prophet, a wise person, a nut or is he God? Is he past or is he present?

Coolwhip, the question is a bit more complex than duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    So the question is Who Is He? Son of God. What Is He? Our savior. or What Was He? The sacrificial lamb so that you and I can have our place in heaven. If you are a follower of Christ then what do you mean by that? Jesus lead the way by living a life without sin. We are born in sin and live sinful lives, but I try to be more like Jesus everyday. Do I fail, yes, but I still try none the less.Who is this one you claim to follow? Who is he to you? My everything
    Do you not know that Jesus died on the cross so that you could be forgiven for your sins? He gave his life so that we could all have everlasting life if we choose to. Its simple all you have to do is ask for it.

Is he a man, a prophet, a wise person, a nut or is he God? Is he past or is he present? He was a man, a wise prophet, and our God. He is past, present, and future.

The question is not that complex.

I think this will be a good question for us, my question to myself has sudddenly become, would a stranger know I'm a Christian? I'm afraid I have some work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    The question is not that complex.
    On what basis do you make your claim as to who Jesus Christ is? How do you know you are right?

You see, I posted the question because it is the real central question that needs to be answered. On a related thread on the Catholic Church the wrong question is being discussed.
    The answer to this one is the one that counts, not what organization one is a member of.

Hugh, you ask how do you know? I don't know , but I'm willing to die with my belief.

On what basis do you make your claim as to who Jesus Christ is? The Bible tells me so. There is more historical proof to the Bible then any other text of it's age. How do you know you are right?
    Again God gave me the teachings of the Bible so that I may spend time in his word and let it be my guidance, road map to life.

You see, I posted the question because it is the real central question that needs to be answered. On a related thread on the Catholic Church the wrong question is being discussed.
    The answer to this one is the one that counts, not what organization one is a member of.
    I somewhat agree on the organization thing, however organization allows fellow believers to fellowship, grow in the word, spread the word, and help others to find salvation.

Is he a man, a prophet, a wise person, a nut or is he God? Is he past or is he present?

No it aint...people make it that way.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

He is the Son of God and Son of Man; He is 100% God and 100% Man; He is the Living Word of God; He is the Christ...the Messiah...the Savior of all who would call on His name; He is my best Friend; He is my King.

I have found that S.M. Lockridge said a lot of thing about who He is and I have to agree completely with Brother Lockridge. I believe Jesus to be all the things he said about Him and then some.

http://www.4-14.org.uk/thats-my-king-s-m-lockridge
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by ccut View Post
    Hugh, you ask how do you know? I don't know , but I'm willing to die with my belief.
    Spend time talking with God and reading the word and you'll know without a doubt.

Try this, every morning get up 30 minutes early and read the book of James. I promise you'll have a better day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast