Evergreen motors

Does anyone have any experiences retrofit these ECM motors into a furnace with a psc motor. A couple of my wholesales just started bringing these in but I hate to be the tester to find they are not worth the money. I hate getting call backs because I promote this great new product that turns out to be junk. Your feedback would be appreciated.

There not really junk, the motors are built nice; But their advertising is a little misleading. The 74% less watts is comparing a G call only where your present PSC may run cool speed, the Evergreen will run a super low 30% speed. The evergreen still uses less watts at cool and heat speeds but its only around 100 watts.

If a customer did like to run the fan only a lot for air filtration or UV light than maybe they make sense. We dont recommend that much here in Florida it ends up adding humidity back to conditioned space. It would take a customer forever to recoup intial cost at that 100 watt less cool speed.

Also the motors do not "ramp up" like a true ECM motor does and overcome static. It will spin at a specific RPM for each speed tap. I wish they did more. I wish I could market them as making older units gain inherint cooling efficiency but i just cant.

I will reccommend them for anyone who has a failed PSC motor, but selling a retrofit Evergreen where their origional PSC is still working fine isnt in my customers best interest... IMO.

Opinion:
    Yeah, all real good points for FLA or anywhere else. Besides, if a modern furnace is expected to last around 15 years, are you going to retrofit one(500-600 bucks) on 10 or even 8 year old equipment? Some shops wouldn't think twice but preditory tactics can backfire if your business model is based on referals.

Where I live humidty is certainly not an issue. Most customers I've dealt with that want all the IAQ products but don't want to run their fan all day because it is costly and noisy. Can you confirm whether or not they are much quieter on a g call. I would imagine they are. I might have to try one out on mine first.

Oh yes trust me they will barely notice the fan is running. Actually is a really nice motor from that standpoint. Im just not in the market to take advantage of that.

Have you been to this site?

www.thedealertoolbox.com

Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    Opinionreditory tactics can backfire if your business model is based on referals.

Well said....we dont advertise...we are a pure referral based small company.

Have you applied for a Pro Membership yet?