Need Help - Staefa Actuator

Hey,
    Anyone know where I can get information of a Staefa ASU 1D 15US actuator? Even a direct replacement would be good. I have an old friend who is trying to replace these with a Belimo GMB-24-3 and cant get it to work.

Any help is appreciated!!!

I don't know about a ASU1D15US, but the replacement for the ASU1D15 is the GEB161.1E 24VAC Modulating (0-10 or 0-20) Rotary 15Nm damper actuator

The GEB161.1E is physically differentfrom the ASU1D15 and you might find that the ASU1D15 worked on a 0-20V Phase cut signal so a converter might be required. Attached is the datasheet for the ASU1D15.

If the AS1D15US is a spring return version (I'm thinking maybe thats what the US part is ) then maybe a GMA161.1E is more suited.

The GMB-24-3 is a 3 point control device (open/close) so not suited to replacing the ASU1D15. The U in the name means it requires an analogue control signal. If it was a AS1D15 it would have been OK

Hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

I have no idea about the part #. I used to work on Staefa back in the day. Old Staefa used a 0-20VDC phase chop signal. This was a rectified signal. Todays 0-10VDC od 4-20MA controllers will not work with a controller or actuater that have these signals.

Here is what we used to convert the signal
    http://www.atkinsonelectronics.com/l...=SignalConvert

Good Luck.

There is a way

If you have a phase cut card - and it sounds like you do - you can pay an arm and a leg to get a phase cut actuater, you can change the card to one that does 0-10vdc on the proportional out puts or you pull a third wire to the device and get one of these ASM2 converters wired in, http://atkinsonelectronics.com/list....=cat&ct=Staefa The last plan is what we do if we don't change the card. Then you can get a 0-10V actuator to work with the phase cut card.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by picnik View Post
    I don't know about a ASU1D15US, but the replacement for the ASU1D15 is the GEB161.1E 24VAC Modulating (0-10 or 0-20) Rotary 15Nm damper actuator

The GEB161.1E is physically differentfrom the ASU1D15 and you might find that the ASU1D15 worked on a 0-20V Phase cut signal so a converter might be required. Attached is the datasheet for the ASU1D15.

If the AS1D15US is a spring return version (I'm thinking maybe thats what the US part is ) then maybe a GMA161.1E is more suited.

The GMB-24-3 is a 3 point control device (open/close) so not suited to replacing the ASU1D15. The U in the name means it requires an analogue control signal. If it was a AS1D15 it would have been OK

Hope that helps.
    Dear sir can you atatch the file (ASU1D15_Modulating_damper_motor_CA1N4633E.pdf ) once more. I'm trying to open it an it doesen't work

Hi
    Thanks for the quick answer.
    But diden't find the ASU1D15. Only the newer siemens.
    Tried to google but

I am pretty sure that Belimo still makes an actuator that has a 0-20 phase cut signal. Simplest would be to just use the phase cut signal as is and wire same.

Or you could just change out the control system.

Sorry, I miss read the post as was reading on my phone.

I'll try and post again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

Thanks
    That worked