Oxygen use in a room with gas fireplace

What are the possible problems with a person using oxygen in a room with a vented or ventfree gas fireplace. A lot of my customers are getting up there in age and some are on oxygen. I'm open to any tips or advice. Thanks.
    Common sense is NOT common !!!

Cool O2

Rob, there should not be an open flame in a room with concentrated O2 flowing. That's the technical answer. In reality, I saw a lot of COPD patients on home O2 smoking back in my paramedic days. Yes, smoking with a nasal cannula delivering up to 6 liters per minute! I've also seen a cigarette smoke itself down in about one second when concentrated O2 hit it.

An oxygen concentrator does not have a pressurized tank with o2, which is a little different. Sure, if Henry fell asleep sitting next to the Fp and his O2 tubing got too near it could be a problem. However, FiO2 in the room will remain 20.9% with these patients so don't worry about the room going hyperbaric. I would worry more about those situations where they spliced several O2 tubings so the patient was on a leash. I have seen these separate where it was dumping 6L/m out of the open tubing. You may on rare occasion find a pt. on a high flow mask, which can get up to 15L/min.

I'd suggest an electric Fp for anyone on home O2 just to be safe.