Question Network Sensors Failures

We have a customer that is having what I think is a large number of failures (40 in less the 6 months) of the Delta’s room sensor (Network Sensors). We are not the Delta vendor but were asked if I thought that was a high replacement rate? Is any one else seeing a problem with these sensors?

Quote Originally Posted by ken gtc View Post
    We have a customer that is having what I think is a large number of failures (40 in less the 6 months) of the Delta’s room sensor (Network Sensors). We are not the Delta vendor but were asked if I thought that was a high replacement rate? Is any one else seeing a problem with these sensors?
    Good day Ken,

Can you provide a part number? I am just curious as to what type of sensor it is (occupancy, temp, ambient light, etc)? Although I do not know all of the details, 40 in 6 months seems like a lot. How many are installed total (just curious as to what percentage are failing)?

Secondly, has Delta or anyone else provided a reasoning for the failures (i.e. over-voltage, lightning, etc)?

Cheers,

Sam

Sorry I thuoght that I had included the Part #.
    It's a DNS-14 room sensor installed in an Elementary School so I would think 60 - 80 total sensors total.
    In all the years I don't think I have ever had to change 40 sensors in one building.
    Thanks Sam

Good day Ken,

Thanks for the part number... Yikes, 40 failed out of a total of 80 would be a 50% failure... that is not good and certainly not normal for any type of product. Just out of curiosity can you tell me what type of failure (i.e. does it not work at all or is it appear to power up and not communicate, etc)? I am guessing here...a big guess as I have no experience with these devices... but if it powers up and fails to communicate then I have a hypothesis as to the why it could be failing.

Cheers,

Sam