Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BACnet scheduling with GUI interface

I've looked around in past threads and on-line for something that has a somewhat easy GUI interface to set schedules in one BACnet device. I found this, but I am looking for something that is GUI based, and free/cheap?

What about a device that can set schedules. Ive looked around at Viconics and the like, but its a little too powerfull.

Anyone know of something like this exists? Thanks in advance.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Are you trying to commission a device or is this something to use daily to modify the schedule? If free is your biggest concern and not simplicity or ease of use, you could always download VTS.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Are you trying to commission a device or is this something to use daily to modify the schedule? If free is your biggest concern and not simplicity or ease of use, you could always download VTS.
    Thanks for the reply BACnet. It would actually be for the end-user. If its around $100 per copy that would be ok. Did you have something else in mind that you know of?
    Albert Einstein

I'm sorry to say that I think you will have a problem meeting your price-point. You have a number of options though, depending on what's installed.

Schedule data should be fairly easily modified via a web-interface on the front-end. Is there no front end on the system?

Is the device MS/TP or Ethernet/IP? If MS/TP, is there a router? Is the controller an ALC? (And if so, is it ARCnet?)

What I'm trying to figure out is if you'd be better off with a modern front-end, a wall-mounted touchscreen, a companion device from the manufacturer or a piece of software that can access the device and/or router.

I'm sorry to say that I think you will have a problem meeting your price-point. You have a number of options though, depending on what's installed.

Schedule data should be fairly easily modified via a web-interface on the front-end. Is there no front end on the system?

Is the device MS/TP or Ethernet/IP? If MS/TP, is there a router? Is the controller an ALC? (And if so, is it ARCnet?)

What I'm trying to figure out is if you'd be better off with a modern front-end, a wall-mounted touchscreen, a companion device from the manufacturer or a piece of software that can access the device and/or router.
    Yea the $100 was me dreaming! Yes it ALC more specifically its a ZN module.

The scenario is its one module that is in a building by itself. No Internet connection or OWS (WebCTRL). Its a unit that runs 24/7 but now they would like to just be able to set a schedule periodically. Problem is that WebCTRL and a LGR is out of their price range. Also thought of doing a simple external time clock but all inputs are full. I could break the jumper for the 24v bus but the way its configured this would not work.

What kind of touch screen do you have in mind?
    Albert Einstein

There are some threads here that talk about touchscreens, a simple search should bring several up.

In general though, the Loytec L-VIS can be used if you want to go IP. The BBC-SD can be used if you want to go directly on MS/TP.

The bad news is that I know of no touchscreens that go directly on ARCnet. So if your ZN is ARC156, you're going to need a gateway or router to use a touchscreen.

There are some threads here that talk about touchscreens, a simple search should bring several up.

In general though, the Loytec L-VIS can be used if you want to go IP. The BBC-SD can be used if you want to go directly on MS/TP.

The bad news is that I know of no touchscreens that go directly on ARCnet. So if your ZN is ARC156, you're going to need a gateway or router to use a touchscreen.
    Thanks for the info!
    Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by BACnet

Loytec LVIS is either MSTP or IP.

You might be able to consider the bacnet LINX also.

At this point another device might be a better solution. Is there a device that is stand alone, you can locally schedule and has 3 AO's 2 DO's and 5 AI's? It does not have to be a touch screen just be able to have one stat that you can adjust temp and local override.
    Albert Einstein

381engineer- Thanks for the correction/addition. :-)

xarralu- I'm guessing that just about every mfg has something that would fit your needs if you have decided to replace the controller.

It might be worth it to start a new thread if you want more people to provide answers.

381engineer- Thanks for the correction/addition. :-)

xarralu- I'm guessing that just about every mfg has something that would fit your needs if you have decided to replace the controller.

It might be worth it to start a new thread if you want more people to provide answers.
    Maybe except for ALC it seems. I'll let this thread mature a little bit and dig a little more when I can get back infront of a pc. Thanks everyone for the info thus far!
    Albert Einstein

You can simply swap a jumper and make the ZN controller MS/TP. It's ARCNET over RS485 so even the wiring (if it's there) can be reused.

You'll have to swap the ARC156 jumper to MS/TP, set the baud rate jumpers and reboot the module but it's not difficult.

R/ D1G

Quote Originally Posted by D1G View Post
    You can simply swap a jumper and make the ZN controller MS/TP. It's ARCNET over RS485 so even the wiring (if it's there) can be reused.

You'll have to swap the ARC156 jumper to MS/TP, set the baud rate jumpers and reboot the module but it's not difficult.

R/ D1G
    Thats true-all in all i am looking around to find a small GUI based BACnet scheduling program. Something that a end-user could navigate and not have to have a full blow control system (yet!) I figured in setting the module to MS/TP, use a USB to RS-485 to connect to it with, and something to make a schedule with.
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast