Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Siemen's PPCL help

Siemens Apogeesh MBC rev. 2.80

Through PPCL I want to command a point in a TEC (let's say on Lan 1 under the cabinet).
    Sounds easy enought....

I want to change subpoint (14) to No/Yes.
    This is "BUILDING:STPT DAIL"

I can set this to day/night and set all kinds of values but I don't think I can tell it, it does not have a stat????

Thanks
    Last edited by behappy; 02-20-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

I guess you could use a OIP statement. I'm just wondering why you want to enable/disable the setpoint on the t-stat with the program? Messing with somebodies head?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyevans View Post
    I guess you could use a OIP statement. I'm just wondering why you want to enable/disable the setpoint on the t-stat with the program? Messing with somebodies head?
    Trying to find a shortcut.
    1) Need local stat control during the day. Occupant wants control.
    2) Rumor has it that maint. or janitorial is jerking the setpoint to the point of freezing the H.P. (I have a big problem with that because the stats are limited).

Now comes the sites energy engineer who demands control be taken away at night and do setback only. It would be real easy to say no stat and do NGT CLG/HTG STPT. I guess I need to study up on the OIP (I am not as versed on the blackside, Skywalker).

I did put a work around in but it is a lot of typing, or cut and paste.
    TFMM

Set to YES
    SET(@PDL, 1.0, "BUILDING:STPT DIAL")

Set to NO
    SET(@PDL, 0.0, "BUILDING:STPT DIAL")

Release if needed
    RELEAS(@PDL, "BUILDING:STPT DIAL")

I have a similar situation where I would like to enable and disable the day/night override. Out of curiosity I tried the set command with @OPER and @PDL but it wont work on either point. Why use @PDL. The points are unbundled and I can command them with the Global Commander but not with the Point Commander. OIP should do it but I haven't found it necessary yet. What was your work around behappy?

Quote Originally Posted by ntech64 View Post
    Set to YES
    SET(@PDL, 1.0, "BUILDING:STPT DIAL")

Set to NO
    SET(@PDL, 0.0, "BUILDING:STPT DIAL")

Release if needed
    RELEAS(@PDL, "BUILDING:STPT DIAL")
    Have you tried this?
    I could not set this point directly from PPCL. I had to do an OIP.
    With the OIP it works very sweet! Done it did it...
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_C View Post
    I have a similar situation where I would like to enable and disable the day/night override. Out of curiosity I tried the set command with @OPER and @PDL but it wont work on either point. Why use @PDL. The points are unbundled and I can command them with the Global Commander but not with the Point Commander. OIP should do it but I haven't found it necessary yet. What was your work around behappy?
    Use the night (CTL Name) or Day(CTL Name)
    Don't know why you need this in OPR?

Once it is set thru PPCL it is in OVR
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Have you tried this?
    I could not set this point directly from PPCL. I had to do an OIP.
    With the OIP it works very sweet! Done it did it...
    If it won't accept commands except through OIP, then the points probably aren't unbundled.

Use the night (CTL Name) or Day(CTL Name)
    Don't know why you need this in OPR?

Once it is set thru PPCL it is in OVR
    It is true that the subpoints can only be in NONE or OVRD... except when they are unbundled. Then they can be in any of the Apogee priorities (OPER, SMOKE, EMER, PDL). My example code was written with @PDL because subpoints are finicky in PPCL and won't always command or release unless a priority is assigned. PDL will still allow an operator to override the code.

In the past I tried commanding subpoint 18, "BUILDING:WALL SWITCH", which enables or disables the day/night override button on the room temp sensor through PPCL. It's a yes/no value in the TEC so you can only use a 1 or 0 in PPCL. Ntech64 suggested setting the priority level to @PDL, I also decided to give @OPER a try, neither worked. You are correct that you don't need to set the priority level of a subpoint, except in rare occasions.

Trying to find a shortcut.
    1) Need local stat control during the day. Occupant wants control.
    2) Rumor has it that maint. or janitorial is jerking the setpoint to the point of freezing the H.P. (I have a big problem with that because the stats are limited).

Now comes the sites energy engineer who demands control be taken away at night and do setback only. It would be real easy to say no stat and do NGT CLG/HTG STPT. I guess I need to study up on the OIP (I am not as versed on the blackside, Skywalker).

I did put a work around in but it is a lot of typing, or cut and paste.
    Maybe I don't understand the issue, but the TEC already does what you describe.

When in DAY mode (pt. 29), if STPT DIAL (pt.14) is set to yes, then the TEC will control to setpoint dial value, within the range defined by RM STPT MIN & MAX.

When the TEC goes to night mode (again, pt. 29) then TEC will control off of the night setback setpoints, NGT HTG & CLG STPT and NOT OFF of the T'stat setpoint dial.

A person cannot freeze a HP if the setpoint dial limits are correctly set.

So, no goofy PDL command, LOL. If you want to command a subpoint in PPCL, unbundle it and use it in PPCL.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Quote Originally Posted by dingman View Post
    Maybe I don't understand the issue, but the TEC already does what you describe.

When in DAY mode (pt. 29), if STPT DIAL (pt.14) is set to yes, then the TEC will control to setpoint dial value, within the range defined by RM STPT MIN & MAX.

When the TEC goes to night mode (again, pt. 29) then TEC will control off of the night setback setpoints, NGT HTG & CLG STPT and NOT OFF of the T'stat setpoint dial.

A person cannot freeze a HP if the setpoint dial limits are correctly set.

So, no goofy PDL command, LOL. If you want to command a subpoint in PPCL, unbundle it and use it in PPCL.
    YOU ARE CORRECT!

As far as the freezing is concerned, it was like "you can't fix stupid" with maintenance and the energy engineer!!!

I went through a lot of PPCL because a "Siemens Tech" convinced others that the stat had to = No to use the night setpt.

To make a really long story short, I took a second building (small) with the same controllers and just changed the day/night point and all was well.
    This is the second reason I didn't want to break out the points.

I am really, really getting tired of proving stuff to the "experts"!
    TFMM

Any subpoint in a TEC can be created in Point Editor. Mirrowed if you will.
    Make sure you address it correctly. Do not use the subpoint name as the mirrowed point name call it something else. I prefer short system names but you can use all 32 characters if you want. This point can then be used in PPCL as any physical or virtual point can. The subpoint need not be unbundled and when under PPCL control the subpoint will appear as overridden when you poll the TEC.

Another thought. You may also use a virtual point or $LOC in the program and assign this value to the subpoint.

Whatever happened to the bullet proof UC?

If ya want give me the point list and a sequence and I'll code it for ya. $200.00 a line.
    (just kidding!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast