Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Removed 12 yr. old Williamson horz. gas through that crawl door, cooling coil, old supply plenum and 55 gal. trash can of paste board boxes and oil furnace part from origional furnace. Installed furnace, coil, pump, humid., plenum and AC cond. Added to old slab because of slope. . . . .
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Nice looking job. I hate those crawl space jobs. I have one scheduled later next week, I'm not looking forward to it. However the job I'm doing is A\c only. A/H hung from joists.

"tire tracks across your back , i can see you had your fun "looks good... the bald one will be proud.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Sweeeet!!
    I hated crawls so much that I was starting to hate my job.
    Then I switched to the darkside(technician) now crawls are hit an miss.
    So did you have to lay the plastic down?

Senior Tech Guest
    It's jobs that look like this that show there are true professionals out there...all you gotta do is find'm!
    SWEET JOB!

Thaks guys

Soreness has gone away. Got another one this week. Airhead -Nice looking lines on your 2 spd. install too. Had my cloths spread out across the basement too. She just put in brand new carpet and painted. Furnace wasn't to heavy after removing blower assembly.

Beautiful!

Most would dump the hum drain & A/C drain right into the crawl. Good to see the pump. Good idea using a Space Gard instead of someone going down every month to change the filter!

Loonie

Thanks, Sorry about the smug on the space guard. Had to use float switch and container instead of aux. drain line. Has a removable lid with trap door in top to check switch. Sterilite 2qt. Varibit will crack plastic but hot 1 1/8" copper makes nice hole for 3/4" pvc. Condensate line use to drain into basement shower.

Crawlspace?

****, around here we'd call that a basement!
    Nice job. Don't they have to insulate in that area?

Insulate

Would help. Built in 56'.

We're stuffin the boys in the hole today to remove an electric furnace and replace with same plus coil. It serves a greenhouse right by his front door. Just called them to remind them to take lots of pictures! Only thing the salesman didn't do is sell a media filter

It's a nice looking installation from an HVAC standpoint, but let's take a look at the "stand" the unit is sitting on.

Concrete masonary units (aka cement blocks) are not intended to be used in the orientation shown. They have no allowable design strength through the webs along this particular load axis. (The hollows cells should always be oriented vertically).

While the grout cells provide a convenient chase for the condensate piping, and the blocks may give adequate service for the actual weight of the unit, using blocks in this fashion is considered a poor practice from a structural engineering and load-bearing safety standpoint.

Many erstwhile home auto mechanics have been crushed by cars held up (or not help up) by cement blocks oriented in this fashion.

Blocks look good to me; nice and neat looking.
    Whats that clear container the over flow is going into I have never seen that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast