+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veto Bag Owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Veto Bag Owners

I'm in school and its time to buy a tool bag.

I just need some opinoins on what size veto I should get. I'm thinking the XL may be to big and the LC may not be big enough. If you own one of the two bags would you buy it again?

1, Do you wish you got the XL if you have the LC?
    2, If you have the LC do you wish you got the XL?
    3, Open top or closed top?

Looking for answers from Techs who use the bags and what they think of them.

Thanks for your help because at this moment i really not sure which one to buy.

Post Likes
    I have the LC closed top and Love it. If you plan to work on roofs or carry the bag a lot IMO the XL would be too heavy. I have had the LC for about 1 month. Well worth the money and you cant beat the 5 year replacement warranty.

I would recommend the LC closed top. I have overturned the bag a few times and the tools stayed in place with the top closed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"

Post Likes
    i would recommend a platt hard plastic case if you plan on doing service.thay will help keep you more organized and you will be able to see if you are missing any tools. the customers say thay look more professional

Post Likes
    I had a platts box yrs ago the only thing i didnt like about it was you had no option to sling it over your shoulder so you had 2 free hands. I use it now to house one of my ultra sonic flow meters.

Post Likes
    I have the lc closed top. for me, the xl is too big. I also reccomend the closed top because it is rain proof.no more rusty tools

Post Likes
    i have the LC, XL and the Xl-LT bags

i prefer to lightly pack the XL bag. More room and only the tools neccessary, allows room for me to carry some commonly used parts to the attic on first trip up, such as a sequencer, contactor, 5 and 7.5 capacitors
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    I prefer to lightly pack the XL bag. More room and only the tools neccessary, allows room for me to carry some commonly used parts to the attic on first trip up, such as a sequencer, contactor, 5 and 7.5 capacitors
    I like this idea
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    I like the size of the XL over that of my LC.
    The down side for me is that I'm not a big guy and My LC weighs in at around 50lbs.
    I figure if I was carrying the XL it would weigh in at over 60lbs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    I like the size of the XL over that of my LC.
    The down side for me is that I'm not a big guy and My LC weighs in at around 50lbs.
    I figure if I was carrying the XL it would weigh in at over 60lbs.
    my XL weighs 37lbs fully loaded.

you're carrying too much crap lol

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I've had the LC for a couple of years. I'm still very happy with it. It's the perfect size. And it's definitely worth the money.

Get yourself a 10.8 or 12 volt compact driver, there will be plenty of room for it in the bag. Keep your instruments and accessories on one side, and hand tools on the other. Though I'm happy with the LC, I've thought about getting the laptop bag so that I can carry a laptop sized organizer for wire nuts, terminals, etc.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 02-19-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I've had the LC for a couple of years. I'm still very happy with it. It's the perfect size. And it's definitely worth the money.

Get yourself a 10.8 or 12 volt compact driver, there will be plenty of room for it in the bag. Keep your instruments and accessories on one side, and hand tools on the other. Though I'm happy with the LC, I've thought about getting the laptop bag so that I can carry a laptop sized organizer for wire nuts, terminals, etc.

Exactly drop the protection for a laptop and have a space for a organizer and lower the price to a little higher than the xl not alot higher

is veto still wandering the forums?

Post Likes
    What ever happen to the HVAC bag Veto was asking imput about?

Think that thread was started a long time ago if I remember right. Looks like not much came of it.

Bueller... Bueller......?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertjn2000 View Post
    What ever happen to the HVAC bag Veto was asking imput about?

Think that thread was started a long time ago if I remember right. Looks like not much came of it.

Bueller... Bueller......?

Yes good question!

I suggested a backpack model or a backpack attachment for the guys who have to walk a half mile to check in at mall security and then walk a half mile to the roof hatch and then walk a half mile to get to the units on the roof etc.
    I have a well loaded LC around 40 pounds because my XL is just too freakin big to fit up through the ladder chutes and would weigh even more.
    Even with the loaded LC carried cross shoulder it is too much even for a large and strong guy to endure.
    So I went back to my Leather Specialties tool backpack even though I really liked the VETO.

Post Likes
    I had the opportunity to sit down with an LC, an XL and my old tool bag, both closed top bags. I fiddled around for about an hour with my tools in and out of both. After all the fiddling I decided on the LC. I would have rather had the XL but like many have said I think it is physically too big for many places and would have ended up being too heavy. My LC weighs in at about 40-42 pounds as it is now. FYI an empty LC weighs 7 pounds. For what it's worth I run commercial service consisting of 60% refrigeration, 20% HVAC, and 20% hot side. So far I love my new bag and have no regrets. It was money well spent.

Good Luck

Post Likes
    XL for me, you dont have to load ever pocket. I carry more meters in the Xl than the LC.

Post Likes
    I caved in and bought the Veto LC. Believe me you can pack enough in the LC to not want to carry it far. I also have a net book that fits in the LC as well. If I had the XL I would pack it so full I would need a cart to carry it.
    The more I learn the smarter I work.

Post Likes
    you guys just need to eat some wheaties

and there is a such thing as packing only what you need in an XL bag. My XL weighs less than the LC's posted above. 37lbs ladies and i got every tool i need in that bag, and probably a few y'all don't carry

Post Likes
    I get everything I need to make simple diagnosis and repairs in an old Army "doodle bag". Been using them for years.

I'd like to try a VETO, but can't justify the expense or the need for such a big bag.

Some of my guys think they need the kitchen sink. I'd rather save my back.

Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    I have had my LC for almost a year now, an looking to buy another in the near future to put my tools from another trade in. I have zip tied my fieldpiece meter to one side and my impact driver holster to the other side of my LC so I can have more room inside by bag.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Post Likes
    I like the backpack tool bag. I'm going in business.....
    Always here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in