Looking for work.. Lower Mainland, BC

Got laid off again due to no work. This is the second time in under a year. Getting sick of this. Just completed Level 2 at JARTS. Worked for a Commercial Refrigeration company specializing in grocery store refrigeration doing installs for 1.5 years, also did stints in the service department doing pm's on RTU's, exhaust fans and commercial refrigeration.

If anybody has any heads up feel free to private message me or post here. Heading to the union office on Monday to see if there is anything on the board for work wise.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear Rossco. At least it's prime weather for riding bikes around these parts right now!

Tom

I'm not too worried about finding another job. I guess I've been a little lazy in finding a job right now. With the Olympics going on in town, I've been enjoying the free concerts being put on in Yaletown. I know that the I'll be called back in the next couple of weeks, but it's the fear of getting laid off again. Things in the install department aren't as steady as service. Just feeling a little bitter when pretty much everybody in the class is back at work and here I am sitting at home.

LOL bike riding, my poor bike is sitting there being neglected. I should tear down the bike and make the thing run like a champ. Should do a couple of rips on Fromme. MMMMM........... Seventh, Espresso, Lower Crippler.

I was up Red in Mission on Sunday, could have sworn it was June or July up there.

No room in the service dept. at that company?

You can try m&t airconditiong they are in surrey off of 192 fv-tom told me about them they still have hiring on there vans.

If you are in BC then you should know most of the guys at EMCO. stop in and ask around they are the ones who know when someone is hiring.
    Learning never ends and everyone has something to teach. Some people teach me what to be like others teach me what not to be like!

M&T and was on my hit list. But work called me back a week and a half ago. Was on the island doing a Shopper Drug Mart reno. And now off to Salmon Arm for a couple of weeks helping out in a new construction grocery store. Things are starting to come down the pipe line.

EMCO is primary heating and plumbing. RSL is the place to look around, I've noticed there are some companies looking for 3rd and 4th year apprentices.

All is well in the commercial refrigeration business right now......................

lucky ducky