Thread: A419 t-stat

A419 t-stat

When you guys put in the A419's with pump down during derfrost and off cycle do u pull 3 wires so the t-stat will still have a display during defrost? Or just have the def clock kill power to the t-stat/solenoid coil? I wouldn't think Losing power to the t-stat a few times a day would hurt it any but havn't put one of these babies in yet.

We have a bunch of Barker floral display cases that use them and they just kill the tstat during defrost. Seem to work fine so long as no one freaks out when the tstat doesn't show a display for a while.

Ya.... I'm putting one in a beer cave and I can picture that as a service call.. LOL

Just pull a neutral. Do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Just pull a neutral. Do it right.
    Totally correct, power off and on will take some life off the chip...also on 208 constant power/ 3 wire from remote.

I agree i'd power it 24/7.

I just hate it when they kill power to it for defrost. Little things like that are just about pride and craftsmanship. Lazy guys do that.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

I don't dig it when guys do that either, I know for a fact those ranco etc things prematurley fail if thats done, had a system eating stats when that got straightened out the issue was solved