+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10' deli case question ?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

10' deli case question ?

You know the type: full length gravity coil mounted high, and the same in the bottom section - mounted on the forward wall.

Each case 10; long.

Half glass sloped front for customer display of deli meats with top and bottom sliding worker access doors across the back. Blind storage bottom.

Remote air cooled (cellar rack) condensers.

Big Volume deli - double what an Acme or other typical supermarket does.

Just standard cases - what you've seen in a thousand stores.

You walk into the job fresh - never been there before - what HP woulod you expect the compressors to be?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Do you have the manufacturer and model number?

If not, typically the load will run about 350 Btuh/ft @ +20ºF SST.

I'd say the unit should be a 1/2 HP high temp for a 10 footer.

Post Likes
    1 Hp for 2 units
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes

Well, I take it all back then

That what is there - 1/2HP compressors. Maybe I'm now losing the Rest of my mind.

Because it sure seems to me that in the last gang of stores we did - the 8' cases all got 3/4HP units. <g>

I'm not doing the cases on this job - just the warehouse and some other odds and ends. But I saw the boxes and condensing units sitting there so I looked. 1/2 HP just seemed light to me.

Guess I'm wrong though. <g>

Thanks.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Piping runs may account for the extra 1/4 hp..

Post Likes
    1/2 HP will do it. You mentioned the condenser was in a rack. How far a run?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"

Post Likes

No runs yet - the floor is a honeycomb of 8" tubes

The plumber was still digging up the old floor tunnels when I was there. I can only see the tubes from the cellar end. They run out on various angles to all over the store. But the stores ends have all been filled and abandoned. I told them to sawcut the floor to about 3-4" deep under where the cases will be. This cut would have to intersect every buried tube and we all can work with all of them.

But who knows what they will do? When I left they were "projecting" where the ends of the tubes "had to be" and looking for them with a sledge hammer. Like four monkeys and the perverbial football.

Just guesstimating where I think the deli will go as versus where the cellar is - I would guess somewhere between twenty and forty feet of total line run. Call it it fifty feet max - because of the way things go. <g>

Three cases - so IF the floor tunnel is only centered - each of the end cases will have an additional 15-17 feet of run. If they open enough tunnels so that the runs can be on the diagonal - the runs will be shorter.

If things end up like plumbers set them up - the runs will be longer. <g>

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Mishap64 View Post
    1/2 HP will do it. You mentioned the condenser was in a rack. How far a run?
    PHM
    --------

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    I have seen a 10' run on a 1/3 hp. I would guess you have a 12' case.

Newer Hussmans require a 1/5 hp for 12' case.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in