Thread: Coleman CP9C Delay setting

Post Likes

Coleman CP9C Delay setting

Hi all knowledgable people! We had a new furnace/ac system installed (coleman echelon system) this past summer and this winter have seen a high humidity level inside the house (hasn't dropped below 35% I don't think) and while most people wouldn't think thats a problem it is. Beings it is so cold here this winter in South Dakota the moisture and condensation on the windows is pretty heavy.

I realize I can run a dehumidifier and install a whole house one but was wondering if I could change the delay settings on the furnace blower to help lower the humidity. My first question is, do these also affect blower speeds during a call for heat since they only say call for cooling or is the blower modulated/controlled by the furnace board.

Secondly, if so, which would be best to lower humidity:

There are 4 delay settings:

A: *Default* 30-second ramp-up from zero
    airflow to full capacity and a 30-second ramp-down from full capacity
    back to zero airflow.

B: the blower will ramp up to 50% of full capacity and will stay there for two minutes, then will ramp up to 82% of full capacity and will stay there for five minutes, and then will ramp up to full capacity.

C: the motor will ramp up to full capacity and will stay there until the thermostat is satisfied. At the end of the cooling cycle, the blower will ramp down to 50% of full capacity where it will stay for 60 seconds. Then it will ramp down to zero.

D: *current* ramp up to 63% of full capacity and
    will stay there for 90 seconds, then will ramp up to full capacity. At the
    end of the cooling cycle, the motor will ramp down to 63% of full capacity
    and will stay there for 30 seconds, then will ramp down to zero

Post Likes
    The blower profiles only effect cooing blower operation.
    Won't have any effect in heating.

Slowing the blower only helps to remove moisture in the cooling mode. Won't have any effect in heating mode.

Sounds like a tight house.
    Might want to try running the bathroom exhaust fan/fans longer, to bring more fresh air into the house.

Post Likes
    I have an issue with humidity here in Toronto as well. I just had installed the Luxaire 9.C which is the same as your Coleman. The settings for delay are set to the factory default and I have the continuous fan jumper set to low.

I notice the humidity is alot lower in the house now...definitely see alot more condensation draining into the floor drain... the windows used to have alot of moisture and now almost all gone. Installing an HRV will reduce the humidity further during the colder days. I am in the process of installing a Fantech unit sometime in the next 2 weeks. If you are concerned about humidity in teh winter, my feeling is that an HRV will help. I got the SHR3005R unit which is the most efficient unit out there (over 91%)....bit pricey though.

Post Likes
    have you ever had problems with high humidity in past winters?

if not i would have someone carefully inspect furnace and water heater venting to make sure flue gases are not causing your problems.

as beenthere said blower profile for heating will have no affect on humidity.

Post Likes
    Yes, I have had humidity problems prior to getting the new furnace installed last week. since then, the house feels so much warmer despite the same thromostat setting. I really like the modulating fan of the Luxaire/Coleman/York units. super quiet too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in