Thread: HVAC Training

HVAC Training

I a hvac student who is looking to get some training. I would like on the job experience. I am located in Milwaukee, Wi. I will not be certify until winter. I am currently a property manager/handyman. If I can be an assistant let me know. We can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcels View Post
    I a hvac student who is looking to get some training. I would like on the job experience. I am located in Milwaukee, Wi. I will not be certify until winter. I am currently a property manager/handyman. If I can be an assistant let me know. We can work something out.
    When I fist read your thread I was going to comment that the lack of responses were indicative of what I believe is a failing of HVAC employers in general,i.e., an unwillingness or financial inability to offer training.

Then I noticed 2 glaring no-no's in the thread that would tend to turn an employer off. The first I have high-lighted in red, the second is that property/handyman comment.

If I had to add a third constructive critizism it would be how your thread is orientated on what YOU want from an employer. A better approach, I think, would be to list what you are offering the employer; a willingness to accept entry level pay, hard work, intelligent with an eagerness to learn etc etc ... , along with a list of actual knowledge and capabilities such as skilled in brazing, solid basic knowledge of electrical theory, refrigeration... .
    Just be honest and SELL yourself like you were a product.