One more reason to nuke the crap out of the middle east - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by bigtime
    It would be foolish, sinful, and insane to kill hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children.

It is hard not to get mad when you see our fellow americans strung up as they were. But does this make it right to kill so many people who had nothing to do with what happened? Absolutely not.
    What should be our response to a nuclear or biological attack upon the U.S.?

Absolutezero, Good question. Fortunately, this has not happened. I think that once the next nuclear weapon is used, it will lead to the end of life on our planet. As the most powerful and prosperous nation, we should not be the nation to start what will surely be a downward spiral.

To answer your question, if I were the one to make the decision, I would only use nuclear weapons if there were absolutely no other choice. Biological attack-no. Crude nuclear attack by a terrorist-no. Nuclear attack by another nation-maybe.

What do you think?

Absolutezero, Good question. Fortunately, this has not happened. I think that once the next nuclear weapon is used, it will lead to the end of life on our planet. As the most powerful and prosperous nation, we should not be the nation to start what will surely be a downward spiral.

To answer your question, if I were the one to make the decision, I would only use nuclear weapons if there were absolutely no other choice. Biological attack-no. Crude nuclear attack by a terrorist-no. Nuclear attack by another nation-maybe.

What do you think?

"And I will break the pride of your power", comes to mind.
    I've said before that I don't see how a country that can't execute mass murderers without endless appeals and candle-holding can launch a nuclear attack that will kill millions of "innocent" civilians. I can see us going to the U.N. and asking for their permission which of course would never come. With someone like Kerry at the helm, that is exactly what the response would be. I sure am glad I don't have to push the button or make that decision. If I did, I'm sure it would be very unwise.

What do you think?
    You show a naive knowledge of weaponery yet you would
    use nuclear weapons. Very dangerous indeed.
    Gen. Curtis Lemay firebombed Tokyo and killed many
    more people that the Hiroshima bomb . What would your decision have been??
    On Okinawa nearly 300,000 people died fire bombed in caves
    while Nagasaki A bomb killed 75,000.
    A Biological attack in the right place could kill 2+ million
    people. Far more than a targeted nuclear strike.
    Your "I think that once the next nuclear weapon is used, it will lead to the end of life on our planet." shows a complete lack of knowledge. Study the above ground tests in
    the Pacific, particularily the French Hydrogen Bomb tests.
    Its still there. Learns about this.
    We will use nuclear weapons against the these people, if
    only to save out lives within the next 5 years.

Originally posted by actnowhvac
    Absolutezero, Good question. Fortunately, this has not happened. I think that once the next nuclear weapon is used, it will lead to the end of life on our planet.

Your "I think that once the next nuclear weapon is used, it will lead to the end of life on our planet." shows a complete lack of knowledge. Study the above ground tests in
    the Pacific, particularily the French Hydrogen Bomb tests.
    Its still there. Learns about this.
    We will use nuclear weapons against the these people, if
    only to save out lives within the next 5 years.
    You might be right. The key phrase in bigtime's reply I believe is "will lead to". Pandora's box kind of thing. As you know, other nations now have nukes, etc. unlike during WWII. Their response to our response might come into question. Alliances might form to our detriment, etc.

Actnowhvac. Well, you sure busted me. As a lowly hvac man I don't know much about nuclear weapons.

I do know this. We will be making a huge mistake to be the next nation to use nuclear weapons. Mark my words: Once it starts, it will spiral out of control.

Who will challenge us

The blood is on their hands. These governments know they are harboring terrorist. They know our resolve. The million of innocent deaths are their responsibility! Khaddafi knew this and reacted positively to it!! One good nuke in downtown Baghdad would save quite a few American lives. American lives are the only ones that I personally care about. The rest are totally insignificant!!

Re: Who will challenge us

Originally posted by rob10
    The blood is on their hands. These governments know they are harboring terrorist. They know our resolve. The million of innocent deaths are their responsibility! Khaddafi knew this and reacted positively to it!! One good nuke in downtown Baghdad would save quite a few American lives. American lives are the only ones that I personally care about. The rest are totally insignificant!!
    We can hit France first, just as a test.

Good idea!!!

Lets fire the Anola Gay back up!

And another

Updated: 05:56 AM EDT
    At Least Nine Dead in Attack on U.S. Convoy

BAGHDAD (April 9) - Insurgents attacked a U.S. convoy carrying fuel west of Baghdad Friday, killing at least nine people, witnesses said.

A Reuters photographer on the scene said he saw bodies burning inside the vehicles, which were still on fire near Abu Ghraib. He said the convoy included U.S. military vehicles and fuel tankers.

Huge clouds of black smoke hung over the area, visible from several kilometers away. There was heavy fighting between U.S. troops and guerrillas in Abu Ghraib Thursday.

Truckloads of people from the area have also tried to head further west to help other insurgents battling U.S. forces in Falluja and Ramadi.

Re: Who will challenge us

Originally posted by rob10
    The blood is on their hands. American lives are the only ones that I personally care about. The rest are totally insignificant!!
    Rob ... you used the word "insignificant"...

What is wrong with this word when it is used within the context of describing human life?

there is something very wrong here.

Perhaps you used the wrong word? ..... I hope, I hope, I hope.....

Originally posted by James 3528
    http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/icbm/lgm-30_3.htm
    The specs are very impressive. One big sucker that really moves.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast