I have been a tech for 15 years. I have been with my current employer for 3 years now. I feel as if I was hired to clean up after installers. I am the only service tech and I have alot on my plate dealing with all our service customers. So when I show up to perform a startup on say 50 units I do not have time to clean up other peoples mistakes. Recently, the issues I am finding on jobs are:
1. using pipe dope on flare fitting because they are leaking.
2. installing hot water valves and using temporary epoxy to fix the badly soldered joints.
3. installing 3 way hot water valves backwards.
4. cutting econimizer damper blades because they cant properly assemble it to the RTU.
5. not labeling t-stat wires as to what goes where ( smoke, rtu, stat )
6. no oil traps on split systems on 2-4 story buildings.
7. installing air handlers where they are not serviceable
any good tech can see what issues you are going to have if not caught and repaired properly. I could go on and on about the crap I deal with everyday for the past 3 years. In my experience this is stuff installers should know especially the foreman. Its apart of the installation process. But everytime I have to chew some overpaid dumbass out, they look at me like Im wrong. I confront my boss and his reply is I need you to takecare of this stuff because your the only one I can depend on. WTF. Am I being a cry baby or am I right to be pissed.