Delta Controls ORCA Panel V3.30

Delta Controls ORCA Panel V3.30

I recently replace a Delta system with a Johnson Facilty Explorer system so the customer gave me the panel and the items associated with it; thermostats, OAT, Humidity sensors, SAT, etc. I wanted to play around with it because I'm unfamiliar with the Delta panels and it's a great learning opportunity. The customer gave me the software and dongle also, he figured he didn't need it. Now I want to get into it to see how the panel works especially where it is so different then the Johnson system. Id like to find a manual for it to read up and also figure out how to connect to it. Do I need the origional files from the programmer or just connect to view the programming?
    Any help would be appreciated.

If you get tired it send me the Dongle

Look on the CD you have and there is documentation on it.
    UA Local 141

I don't think I'll get tired of trying especially when I know the value of the dongle. Its a nice tool to have. I'm sure I can figure it out.

All programs/database are in the controllers. The only thing that resided on the OWS would be the graphics. Software and manuals are on the install desk. Don't forget Sentinel driver. Read the manuals on the disk. You will need to replicate the comm wiring (net1/net2) for DNA to function as initially designed.
    Have fun and don't get too frustrated. What type of key is it (USB/Serial) and do you have the part number from the key?

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

After I made the post I found the manual on the disk. Yup I got the sentinel driver and works for my usb dongle. What program is used to associate the points with a graphics file?
    "You will need to replicate the comm wiring (net1/net2) for DNA to function as initially designed."
    This is the part I'm unsure of? I have a DSC-1280 board. I used my cable that I regularly use on an intellicon panel with rx/gnd/tx but would not connect to this new panel at the RS232 connection. Which pin connections are the Net 1 or Net 2 looking for when connecting with D9? Just RX and TX?
    Also can Iterm or Igraph be used to view the non graphical points in an orca panel?

Thanks

If you just have one panel disregard the DNA comment. Igraph is the old v2 software, if you have v3 controllers you will need ORCAview. As for graphics, the ability to create and edit are unlocked in ORCAview by the usb key (that is why I asked about the part#).

ORCAview does everything - configure controllers, program controllers, create graphics and make day to day operational changes to the system. I have no clue in regards to the older v2 systems and software.

I either use a standard cat-5e cross-over cable if the controller is ethernet/ip capable or a CON-768BT on the application controllers. I have only used the RS-232 port for modems back in the day.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

The board doesn't have an ethernet connection so I used a type of "CON-768BT" I have a Line Powered RS-485 Converter which is a rs485-rs232 that I use for Johnson Facility Explorer. I enter the password I think it might be? Because we were never given the user and password. Current contractor would not give it to the customer which is one big reason he wanted it ripped out.
    So it thinks for a bit then I get an error:
    "Failed to Login to PArt of the Network
    Login to V2 Security Panel 1 Failed
    Failed to Execute V2 Remote UA Lookup"
    Any idea? Is that because of wrong user/password? Is there a way to reset the panel? I tried the usual user/passwords from the factory and they didn't work.
    My plan for the panel is mainly educational. I plan to install it in my house to control the oil furnace, VAV to basement and monitor the big changes I did in my house.
    Any help would be great.