Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Lennox system

Post Likes
    Just a quick update : We're finally pulling the plug on the whole Garage install. For Twenty years AHU was in attic and apart from the badly sealed AHU in 2007, which caused it's demise and premature failure, the system worked. The Bollard thing, plus the CO detectors and who knows what else is simply not going to work. Garage has multiple uses apart from just keeping a vehicle in there and it appears there are "rules" and B.S. which, in effect, is life changing. So the UGLY "Magical" Garage install, -------which doesn't work as it was supposed to anyway, is being removed. Probably have to try and sell off the equipment (Lennox), as the Lennox CBX32 AHU won't fit in the attic.
    Seems that some Rheem/Rudd maybe the right size to fit. Dealers won't or can't install Rheem AHU with a lennox heat pump supposedly.
    If Anyone in the Phoenix /East Valley. AZ is reading and you're in the Market for either Discount Equipment or an Install job let me know.
    NOT looking for BBB+++, rave reviews OR a complaint free history or any Narcissistic heroes, (Didn't Help with the present system !!)----Just a PRO. who knows the business, is Honest and Fair.
    Now the "fun" starts again,----Finding the right company.
    Anyone have any recommendations ?., Suggestions

Thanks again for all the input and information you all provided.

Oh, almost forget to mention. Since the weather got warmer, the upstairs Temp. climbs to 88+/_ , hit 90 a few times(Tstat at 75). Upstairs return does NOTHING--
    only way to remove excess temp. has been to block off the downstairs return, then , apart from the badly filtered(leaks , not sealed) air, Temperatures are cool enough . System seems to run more or less continuously though and the House has never been so contaminated---Dust everywhere.

Cheers all.

Post Likes
    :-( That really sucks.

Post Likes
    So you are going to start looking from scratch again even though I offered to come fix it for you for a few beers...WOW.

Guess people really are leary of help these days. This world is going to crap way too quickly because no one thinks there is real help out there.

Keep looking, maybe PaysonHVAC is still around...look him up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PULLTHRU View Post
    Just a quick update : We're finally pulling the plug on the whole Garage install. ... Cheers all.
    How did it end up legally? Doesn't sound that favorable if you ended up with the equipment. Credit card dispute done?

Post Likes
    PULLTHRU
    Probably have to try and sell off the equipment (Lennox), as the Lennox CBX32 AHU won't fit in the attic.
    Well I can't say for 100% certain because it would involve going thru the 15 pages of posts. But most equipment sold nowadays is multi position equipment. That is can be set in different orientations. Horizontal, vertical up flow, and down flow. Also if you are talking about the equipment actually fitting into the attic I would bet that somehow a good installation company can get it into the attic. Your old system was installed in the attic- correct? The new system will be approximatily the same dimensions as the Lennox you have now.
    So before you have a fire sale on your new Lennox, wait and talk to several companies ( 3 Minimum ) in your area and get a feel for what they offer. Might just save some $$$ on new equipment.
    Just be aware that the major costs of a quality installation are the labor and know how that go into a good install.
    Oh Yeah, sorry about the treatment you have experienced at the hands of one of our own..Best of luck on your shopping for a new and improved HVAC contractor.
    Keep us updated on the search.
    Good Things Come To Those Who Wait, But Only the Things Left Over By Those Who Hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    So you are going to start looking from scratch again even though I offered to come fix it for you for a few beers...WOW.

Guess people really are leary of help these days. This world is going to crap way too quickly because no one thinks there is real help out there.

Keep looking, maybe PaysonHVAC is still around...look him up.
    I mean no disrespect to your kind offer and perhaps you can PM me so I can phone you ?.
    Our preference would naturally be to spend as little as possible, but seriously , if you came and did the job, we would budget for a little more than a few Beers --lol.

The Air Handler must be in the attic though. The Lennox CBX cabinet is 26.5" x 21.5" x 64.5".
    Two companies have quoted and both said a Rheem/Rudd AHU would fit up there.
    Rheem cabinet size is 21"x 21"x 50.5".

Not as flexible as I used to be but I'll have to try and wriggle around and measure myself I suppose in the attic to see if the unit length is the issue..

As a note of interest : One quote was for a little under $k. The other $K---------I kid you not !!.----Same brand and model Nos.

Beginning to realize why an old friend of mine referred to this place as "The Devils playground".
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-20-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: prices

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by quickcat46 View Post
    Well I can't say for 100% certain because it would involve going thru the 15 pages of posts. But most equipment sold nowadays is multi position equipment. That is can be set in different orientations. Horizontal, vertical up flow, and down flow. Also if you are talking about the equipment actually fitting into the attic I would bet that somehow a good installation company can get it into the attic. Your old system was installed in the attic- correct? The new system will be approximatily the same dimensions as the Lennox you have now.
    So before you have a fire sale on your new Lennox, wait and talk to several companies ( 3 Minimum ) in your area and get a feel for what they offer. Might just save some $$$ on new equipment.
    Just be aware that the major costs of a quality installation are the labor and know how that go into a good install.
    Oh Yeah, sorry about the treatment you have experienced at the hands of one of our own..Best of luck on your shopping for a new and improved HVAC contractor.
    Keep us updated on the search.
    Thanks quickat 46. It's multi directional so can be up , down , horizontal etc. Size is apparently the issue.

The treatment we have received has no precedent . Without doubt the most horrible experience ever in dealing with a vendor.
    Without going into detail, he still maintains he's in the right and then continued on with Personal attacks, verbally and in writing. It's all documented and recorded and all he has said : is nothing but lies,----which we can and will prove.
    Additionally, WE , he says, caused damage to "his" installation. The Man ?--has a problem I suspect.

Post Likes

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by commerce48 View Post
    How did it end up legally? Doesn't sound that favorable if you ended up with the equipment. Credit card dispute done?
    Nope, still "Simmering" . Just setting the Fuse I suppose you could say. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/images/icons/icon12.gif

Post Likes
    Holy Smokes, I'm in Phoenix looking at a Lennox system. Could you shoot me an email, I don't want this to happen to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shadegrown View Post
    Holy Smokes, I'm in Phoenix looking at a Lennox system. Could you shoot me an email, I don't want this to happen to me.
    E mail sent.

Not really an equip. problem it's the way it was installed .

Post Likes
    I mean no disrespect to your kind offer and perhaps you can PM me so I can phone you ?.
    Our preference would naturally be to spend as little as possible, but seriously , if you came and did the job, we would budget for a little more than a few Beers --lol.

The Air Handler must be in the attic though. The Lennox CBX cabinet is 26.5" x 21.5" x 64.5".
    Two companies have quoted and both said a Rheem/Rudd AHU would fit up there.
    Rheem cabinet size is 21"x 21"x 50.5".

Not as flexible as I used to be but I'll have to try and wriggle around and measure myself I suppose in the attic to see if the unit length is the issue..

As a note of interest : One quote was for a little under $k. The other $K---------I kid you not !!.----Same brand and model Nos.

Beginning to realize why an old friend of mine referred to this place as "The Devils playground".

Shoot me an email(in my profile) and we can discuss further. I can't send you private messages.

Post Likes
    Oh he's got the BPI on the list of his company credentials.
    It would be interesting to hear from a BPI guy about what is allowable to post on a company website. Is it the company that has the accreditation, or is a person? If a company with 100 employees hires one BPI guy, does this allow them to post the BPI logo? If that BPI guy then goes somewhere else, does his former company have to remove the logo?

Possibly BPI has members that have not undergone the extensive training and certification?

Post Likes

It's Gone !!

Finally, the house is free of the evil that crept through the vents as we slept.
    No more the Demon of sneeze, dust and inflamed nasal passges.

THANK YOU ALL !!.
    There are good , skilled companies , who know their profession and I checked out a long established Co. that Shadowalker had felt was on the "up and up".

They came, saw and conquered. Air handler in Attic, drain pan etc etc, all to code. Looks great, feels great. Don't know how it sounds as it is so quiet. The air quailty feels once again excellent.

This particular company deserves a medal from Lennox in my book. The previous , original company shouldn't even be allowed to deal in equipment. Just my opinion based on "the experience".

We went from very large $$ amounts to reinstall , with new equipment ,(as the the present system couldn't be used) to One company only, who said "we can do it", no problem.
    Cost of labor only plus a few necessary essentials.
    Any how, thanks again all.

Post Likes
    Congratulations! I can only hope your published experience can save others from such drama.

Post Likes
    PULLTHRU
    We went from very large $$ amounts to reinstall , with new equipment ,(as the the present system couldn't be used) to One company only, who said "we can do it", no problem.
    Cost of labor only plus a few necessary essentials.
    Congratulations on your new system. It has been a heck of a journey to get to this point. Glad to see you found a contractor that could see what most of us here fully believed. All things are possible, if one is to work hard enough.
    A quick question, did you end up reusing the Lennox equipment?
    Good Things Come To Those Who Wait, But Only the Things Left Over By Those Who Hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    Last edited by seatonheating; 08-12-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Resize the screen

Post Likes
    quickcat46 : Yes, fortunate to find a company that the attic didn't worry them. Additionally, one of the local Radio Hosts had the same company do an install at his home and photos were on the companies web site. They had put the same model Air Handler by Lennox in this guys attic. They came, measured up and "no problem" was the word.
    They did everything they promised and more. Even after working their nuts of in the attic for hours they went around making sure the holes left for permanent repair were temporarily sealed closed. Tough job for them and truthfully, probably not profitable, or if so , minimal I'm guessing. Wish I could name them, but probably not allowed to on the forum. God bless 'em though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Agreed !. Been busy cooling off today, but tomorrow I'll stick my head in the attic a snap a few pics.

Post Likes
    quickcat46 : Yes, fortunate to find a company that the attic didn't worry them. Additionally, one of the local Radio Hosts had the same company do an install at his home and photos were on the companies web site. They had put the same model Air Handler by Lennox in this guys attic. They came, measured up and "no problem" was the word.
    They did everything they promised and more. Even after working their nuts of in the attic for hours they went around making sure the holes left for permanent repair were temporarily sealed closed. Tough job for them and truthfully, probably not profitable, or if so , minimal I'm guessing. Wish I could name them, but probably not allowed to on the forum. God bless 'em though.

Then why not give them a tip of some sort, or a bonus??? You couldn't even get up there to snap a few pics and they sweated up their for hours.

Hard work like that should be rewarded, and I shouldn't be mentioning it to you.

Post Likes
    I don't know if this is against the board policy or not, but why not disclose the identity of both the bad shop and great contractor? This would be very useful to future HO in that area who research contractors before paying.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in