Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charities holding 69% of the donations

due to the earthquake in Haiti Americans have written checks for a total of over $500,000 with the intention of providing relief efforts.

an announcement today by NBC news has stated the charities are still holding 69% of the donated money as doctors in Haiti are still short on supplies.

out of the top 20 charities, 4 have refused to release statements showing where the money went.

NBC claims that when they asked the U.N. about who is charge of the world wide effort , they said it was Bill Clinton.
    Bill Clinton's office said that he was not personally in charge.

here's my surprised look

The U.N's new motto:

If trouble abounds, we'll be standing near by doing nothing

or

Hi, you have reached the United Nations, If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial America
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

As of January 20 the Canadian public donated 30 million to Haiti. The government said it would match each dollar on top of the aid they are supplying.

The money is to do more than provide temporary aid. There is a lot of rebuilding that is going to have to happen and it will take some time.

On the news this morning the American Red Cross said they are not holding on to the money. They are just being cautious as to where the money goes with a weak government in place.

I suppose that makes sense, but I still think to much money goes to "administrative costs"
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Im trying tio figure out a way to make money on this, maybe donate a portion of each install to Haiti relief, then just keep it.

After 500 MILLION went missing from the tsunami funds who would miss it?

This crap disgusts me,,,lets see,,who helped us after Katrina,, there was.............no no, wait there was ,,,,,,,,nope nope,,,,,,,,thinking,,,,thinking,,,,,
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    On the news this morning the American Red Cross said they are not holding on to the money. They are just being cautious as to where the money goes with a weak government in place.

I suppose that makes sense, but I still think to much money goes to "administrative costs"
    It would be nice to see 100% of the money go down to the cause it is donated for but there are costs associated with running an organization. Rent some office space, pay utilities, office supplies. Also people canvassing for money may get paid in some organizations even if it is at the low end of the wage scale. Even the people on the ground running things come under administrative costs.

Basically there is a cost of doing business even for charities.

We are talking about a government that hasnt been stable or free of graft or corruption for 100's of years.
    Sadly there is no way to realy help those people, temporary aid, maybe at a huge cost and waste, permanent help,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont think so.

I think anyone who has a brain in their head knows the costs associated with any charity, i know anyone who runs a business does.

Again, 500 million unaccounted for after the tsunami, this will make the rich richer and the poor obsolete since most will never get the aid they need.

More feel good waste

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Im trying tio figure out a way to make money on this, maybe donate a portion of each install to Haiti relief, then just keep it.

After 500 MILLION went missing from the tsunami funds who would miss it?

This crap disgusts me,,,lets see,,who helped us after Katrina,, there was.............no no, wait there was ,,,,,,,,nope nope,,,,,,,,thinking,,,,thinking,,,,,
    A lot of aid came into Louisiana from around the globe.... Im sure Haiti didnt send anything.....but really...what did they have to send.

There is a list somewhere on the net Im sure.... Of course someone will say its made up or photoshopped...lol

But seriously.....there was a lot of foreign aid donated...lot of foreign med people came over...... Cuba offered to send 1000 medical doctors and aid but the US refused..... they did let China and Russia send people and goods though....lol

Mexican army showed up... I remember seeing that on tv.

As for making money off donations..... you would just have to set up a charity...a legal one...which shouldnt be too hard to do.... and you would have to send in just a few percent to the actual people who need it.

In the USA charities are very good money making businesses....the laws are set up to where very little actually has to go to help someone. Probably a lot of lawmakers involved in charitable organizations......lol

I saw on 60 minutes once where a guy in new york got rich setting out jars in stores....just him and a helper....the helper was making 60 k a year... and they would collect the money and send a few percent to an animal shelter.

This guy drove a new continental or something....it was a fine automobile..and he lived in a fine home with fine things.... and all he did was set up a charity.......buy some jars and print up some little cards for the signs....

Spent his days delivering jars and collecting the cash....

all legal....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Hi, you have reached the United Nations, If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial America
    mmmm heeheehee

yeah , one of the plans of the charity is to collect the money , buy a one of a kind car for their 15 year old son, and then sell it in 3 years when the value goes up so they will actually be INCREASING the value of public donations for Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    We are talking about a government that hasnt been stable or free of graft or corruption for 100's of years.
    Sadly there is no way to realy help those people, temporary aid, maybe at a huge cost and waste, permanent help,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont think so.

I think anyone who has a brain in their head knows the costs associated with any charity, i know anyone who runs a business does.

Again, 500 million unaccounted for after the tsunami, this will make the rich richer and the poor obsolete since most will never get the aid they need.

More feel good waste
    You cannot do much for those people anyway, I read some headline where they were upset over getting tarps instead of tents,,, can't fix stupid... just sayin'

I dont care what anyone says, i dont donate crap to anybody.
    I help enough customers and do other things that i can control.

Charities have made me sick since the time i did a job for a not for profit biznatch who received a government grant then stole 6000 dollars from it/ me for a system i installed.

I do not trust a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You cannot do much for those people anyway, I read some headline where they were upset over getting tarps instead of tents,,, can't fix stupid... just sayin'
    You would probably get upset getting a tarp rather than a tent yourself. While I am not at all familiar with Haiti I would guess they have all kinds of things scurrying around at night that might make getting a full nights sleep hard.

The way that I look at other people's plight, I think what if it was me there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast