Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-floor job

Thumbs up

I like it. What brand are the hot water makers? The wires from the zone valves, are they snuck down to that white wire molding? What kind of pipe hanger do you use? Are those prefab manifolds or did you use a t-drill? A nice pretty job. Sorry about all the questions but I'm always lokking for better methods.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

looks very nice I like the raceways for the wiring.To bad you didn't talk the owner into some white sheet vynal for the wall now they will get paint all over your pretty work.
    Take your time & do it right!

Nice clean job..

This in an office buidling? Sure lots of Zone valves.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Did you get paid?
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

I am a residential HVAC installer. I am looking at building a 1380 1st floor s.f. house with about 600 s.f. in a loft-type attic room. I was wondering what the cost comparison would be between between a boiler system like this and say, a 90% furnace (no A/C). I would do it myself, so there wouldn't be any labor or mark up. I know I would still need an air handler, ductwork, & A/C for cooling.

Thanks

Originally posted by rich pickering
    Did you get paid?
    Yup.

This was a pretty big custom home we did, 30 zones of radiant heating for a 9000 sq. ft. home including a zone for the three car garage.
    Everything was built on site, my business partner Theo did the wiring within the white plastic raceways, him and Brian did all the plumbing you see as well.
    The two indirect water heaters are Allied SuperHots.

So all you did was take the pic and try to sell them a fancy barbecue grill?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

They already had a nice grill.

Clean work Collin,Thoe and your crew. I have some questions. Is the radiant running at two different temps, from your pics i can only see one mixing vavle(i think). I see a blue control box with little letters on it.Is it a 260 or a ???? How big is the boiler you are using? Kind of a small foot print for a 9000 sq ft. radiant job. You guys must have more btu"s in your fuel than we do.

Oh one more question, did Honeywell give you a free jacket when you bought all those zone valves? You should have gotten something!

Cool Thanks for the comments

If memory serves me right, I believe the boiler was around 200,000 btu. The indirects are on priority and you are correct in seeing the mixing valve which gave us the two different temps we needed.

Hmm

If it isn't a Viessmann Boiler installation it isn't an infloor radiant job.

[Edited by amsctech on 03-10-2004 at 09:54 AM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast