Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    absolutely! And if I sent one of my guys or I was doing it myself, I would have pulled down the whole lowside. Why???? There was moisture indicated in the system. Why not try to see why. If we pump down the liquid and change the dryer we can't do anything about possible moisture in the high side, but I sure could have made sure it was out of the low and maybe found there was a leak. Also, the filter will catch and hold that moisture until it is saturated, so the sight glass tells us it is not absorbing anymore. We got a lot of moisture in this system. At least get all you can from the low and check for leaks, and give youir new filter a chance at being able to catch and hold the rest. And, just because moisture is caught in the filter, does not mean that moisture has no effect on the system.

To answer your question about flow across a solenoid valve;

Yes they are directional flow valves but if you have a manual stem or you keep the coil energized it will allow flow through the valve. The flow will be restricted but not completely stopped. You can pull a solid vacume acrsos a solenoid valve if it is open.

Quote Originally Posted by surenuff View Post
    The one thing I have not figured out yet about this site, is why so many people will spend so much time asking questions and waiting for replies to questions that >>>>>by golly they already have all the answers to.
    Because it lead to discussions and you may learn another school of thought. It is HVAC-Talk, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by smilies View Post
    Because it lead to discussions and you may learn another school of thought. It is HVAC-Talk, after all.
    Can't learn anything.

I already know it all.

Quote Originally Posted by smilies View Post

AMEN Prech it Brother!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123