+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waterfurnace Intellizone and Humidifier integration

Post Likes

Waterfurnace Intellizone and Humidifier integration

Hello all:

Does anyone know if a whole house humidifier can be integrated with a Waterfurnace system (Envision 6-to 072) with an Intellizone zoning system?

Specifically, I would like to use thermostats with humidity controls (like Honeywell VisionPro IAQ) to control one humidifier.

I can envision (no pun intended) connecting to the accessory lug (p3 I think) on the unit for fan on/off sensing, however I don't know how the humidistat control within the two Honeywell thermostats would interface with the humidifier. I do not see any "humidifier controls" on my Intellizone board.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    P3 will be your option as there are no humidifier connections on the Intellizone board. Be aware with zoning you will only humidify those zones that are calling and not the whole house.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teeball57 View Post
    P3 will be your option as there are no humidifier connections on the Intellizone board. Be aware with zoning you will only humidify those zones that are calling and not the whole house.
    Which pins on the P3 should be used?

Post Likes
    Should be noted I have a Synergy3d.

Thx

Post Likes
    I will have to look at my unit in order to get the wiring details, however this is what I did:

Because I have zoning, I didn't like the idea of placing the humidifier on the main trunk. (I did not want to send moisture into the basement.) So I connected my humidifier to one of my upstairs trunks. (I have three zones: one half of main floor is on one zone; the other half of main floor is on one zone; and the basement is on one zone (ranch with basement).) Since I only have two zones that would need to get moisture, I figured I would buy a second humidifier and place on the other main floor zone if needed. (It turns out I don't need it.) My main floor is approximately 3500 square feet.

Because there have been times where the damper motor failed to open the damper (didn't get the "message", brain-fart, or whatever -- doesn't happen often), I was concerned about dumping moisture in the duct/trunk without airflow. I resolved this by installing a switch on top of the damper motor (Belimo is the brand -- it is made exactly for my damper motor and is used for precisely what I am using it for (to know if the damper is open or closed)). This prevents the humidifier from coming on unless the damper is actually open. The switch is simply and on-or-off/continuity switch... but it is designed to snap on top of the damper motor. I believe it is was the fan (p3?) that I ran in-line with the switch.

Thus far it works very well. And even though I am only humidifying one zone, the air ends up circulating enough to stabilize the humidity in the whole house... without directly pumping steam to the basement.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in